Hemisphere meshing quad in ansys

In summary, the conversation is about meshing solid and shell 3D hemispheres with a hex dominant approach in ANSYS Mechanical APDL. The person is seeking guidance on the method and element to use, and has attached a screenshot for better understanding. They also mention the option of receiving a reply via email. The response suggests using the "VATT" command in Classic APDL or meshing in Workbench and then importing the results into Classic APDL.
nishantsinghbm
Can anyone guide me how to mesh solid and shell 3d hemisphere with hex dominant approach in ansys mechanical APDL?
I found no such verification manual for 3d hemispherical meshing in ansys. What method should be applied and what element should be chosen appropriately to mesh this structure?
I have attached screen shot for your understanding of my problem.
Your response will be highly appreciated.
You can also post your reply on my mail (nishantsinghbme@gmail.com ).
Thanking you in advance

Attachments

• shell-hemi.jpg
    shell-hemi.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 601
  • head.jpg
    head.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 583
Engineering news on Phys.org
I'm sorry you are not finding help at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us?

Hi,
Not sure to understand the request.
In Classic APDL: you should import your model (.iges for example), then verify/create the volume, create solid element type (et,1,solid45) for example (and material) and mesh with "VATT" command.
Using Workbench ? One way I used to do: you can made the meshing in Workbench (choose curvature option + hex dominant method option). After saving your database, you can import the .db file in Classic APDL. Another way in Workbench: after meshing as explained previously, you can write the APDL scipt (.inp), then you can read this file in Classic APDL.

1. What is hemisphere meshing quad in Ansys?

Hemisphere meshing quad in Ansys is a method of generating a finite element mesh on a hemisphere-shaped geometry in Ansys. It involves dividing the surface of the hemisphere into smaller, quadrilateral elements, which are then used to perform simulations or analysis.

2. Why is hemisphere meshing quad important in Ansys?

Hemisphere meshing quad is important in Ansys because it allows for more accurate and efficient simulations on hemispherical geometries. The use of quadrilateral elements helps to reduce distortion and improve the accuracy of results compared to other types of meshing methods.

3. How is hemisphere meshing quad implemented in Ansys?

To implement hemisphere meshing quad in Ansys, you can use the "Mesh Method" option in the Meshing toolbar. Selecting "Quad" as the mesh method and specifying the desired number of elements will generate a mesh with quadrilateral elements on a hemisphere-shaped geometry.

4. What are the advantages of using hemisphere meshing quad in Ansys?

Some advantages of using hemisphere meshing quad in Ansys include improved accuracy of results, reduced distortion, and faster simulation times. It also allows for more control over mesh density and can handle complex geometries more effectively than other meshing methods.

5. Are there any limitations of using hemisphere meshing quad in Ansys?

One limitation of using hemisphere meshing quad in Ansys is that it may not be suitable for all types of geometries. It is most effective on hemispherical shapes, but may not work well on irregular or non-symmetrical shapes. Additionally, it may require more computer resources and time to generate the mesh compared to other methods.