Homework forum posting bug

by rar0308
Tags: None
rar0308
Apr7-12, 12:35 AM
P: 48
Each time I preview a post template is added at the bottom of a post.
I heard that supervisor know this problem but can't fix it.
So my suggestion is not using template in a post. Instead put template other position and let users copy it to a post themselves.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
SensaBubble: It's a bubble, but not as we know it (w/ video)
The hemihelix: Scientists discover a new shape using rubber bands (w/ video)
Microbes provide insights into evolution of human language
Borek
Apr7-12, 02:43 AM
Admin
P: 22,712
Quote Quote by rar0308 View Post
So my suggestion is not using template in a post. Instead put template other position and let users copy it to a post themselves.
People are ignoring template even knowing they should not, and even knowing it can get them banned. Hoping they will copy/paste the template from somewhere else is a naivety.
Redbelly98
Apr7-12, 09:45 AM
Mentor
P: 11,989
I agree with Borek. There are already enough 1st-time posters that ignore the template when it is right in front of them, we can't expect people to actively copy-and-paste it into their posts consistently.

rar0308
Apr7-12, 09:28 PM
P: 48

Homework forum posting bug

Is it possible to make the button which copy and paste automatically template into a post? That make it easier. There maybe other bottons which copy diferrent template for different type of questions. Because users questions are not restricted to problem type. So users choose the right template for their purpose and neglect template lesser.
Redbelly98
Apr7-12, 10:18 PM
Mentor
P: 11,989
Quote Quote by rar0308 View Post
Is it possible to make the button which copy and paste automatically template into a post? That make it easier.
I don't know if that is possible, but if it were then I believe many new members would ignore it -- I base this on the observation of all the new members who ignore instructions not to post homework outside of the designated homework forums.

It would be extra work for the Mentors to issue official Warnings to all the users who did not press that button.

Register to reply