Need electronics example problems

by leroyjenkens
Tags: electronics
leroyjenkens
Feb19-13, 10:38 AM
P: 528
Anyone know of any websites or books that have lots of electronics example problems? I'm in an Electronics for Scientists class and the book has zero examples it goes through to show you how to apply the stuff it tells you about in the chapters. The teacher doesn't go through any examples similar to questions we'll see on homework or tests, he just gives us formulas and expects us to know how to apply them to each situation we're given. So it would help if I could have example problems to look at that would show me how to use each of these electronics ideas.

I would have put this thread in "math and science learning materials" but for some reason I can't create new threads in that forum.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
SensaBubble: It's a bubble, but not as we know it (w/ video)
The hemihelix: Scientists discover a new shape using rubber bands (w/ video)
Microbes provide insights into evolution of human language
sandy.bridge
Feb20-13, 08:38 AM
P: 767
You are extremely vague. You should elaborate on "electronics examples".
jtbell
Feb20-13, 09:12 AM
Mentor
P: 11,255
Quote Quote by leroyjenkens View Post
I would have put this thread in "math and science learning materials" but for some reason I can't create new threads in that forum.
That's because those forums are not for requesting learning materials. They're for links to such materials, or the actual materials themselves.

George Jones
Feb20-13, 09:18 AM
Mentor
P: 6,044

Need electronics example problems

Quote Quote by sandy.bridge View Post
You are extremely vague. You should elaborate on "electronics examples".
Yes. I think that it also might be helpful to specify the text that is being used for the course.
leroyjenkens
Feb20-13, 04:43 PM
Yeah I guess that is vague. But the book we have is "Basic Electronics: An introduction to electronics for science students".

The class is all about circuits. So it extends from the very basic stuff we learned in Physics 2 about circuits, such as Kirchoff's laws and stuff.
Quote Quote by jtbell View Post
That's because those forums are not for requesting learning materials. They're for links to such materials, or the actual materials themselves.
Oh ok, I was just about to post the thread and found that forum and was happy I was going to post a thread in the right forum for once, and then I wasn't able to.
clope023
Feb21-13, 07:52 AM
P: 593
Schaum's Outlines of Electric Circuits
Schaum's Outlines of Electronic Devices and Circuits

All the examples you need.
leroyjenkens
Feb21-13, 02:11 PM
Thank you very much.

Register to reply