Register to reply

Control Theory

by boabby1
Tags: control, theory
Share this thread:
boabby1
Apr26-08, 11:28 AM
P: 6
Hi there. I'm wondering if anyone can help. I've got a few past papers I'm working on at the moment and there are a few questions I don't even know where to start with. Here's one:

a. Write down the transfer function for a time delay and then evaluate its corresponding frequency response as a magnitude and phase shift.

b. A unity negative feedback control system that can be modelled as a pure time delay in series with an integrator is controlled using proportional control. After a small change in setpoint is made a sustained oscillation occurs which has a period of 120 seconds. Determine:

i. The value of the controller gain
ii. The magnitude of the processor dead time.

Thanks again in advance
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Final pieces to the circadian clock puzzle found
A spray-on light show on four wheels: Darkside Scientific
How an ancient vertebrate uses familiar tools to build a strange-looking head
CEL
Apr26-08, 01:07 PM
P: 639
You must show some work before we can help you.
boabby1
Apr27-08, 04:59 AM
CEL, that's the whole point of the sentence in my post that contains the phrase 'I don't even know where to start'!

CEL
Apr27-08, 07:03 AM
Control Theory

Quote Quote by boabby1 View Post
CEL, that's the whole point of the sentence in my post that contains the phrase 'I don't even know where to start'!
I suggest that you look for information on some book. Modern Control Engineering, by Ogata, is a good option.
boabby1
Apr27-08, 11:07 AM
Thanks CEL. Does that have exam type questions in it? That's really what I'm after for practice. My notes have examples in but nothing even remotely like the type of questions which have been set in the exam papers I've seen.
CEL
Apr27-08, 02:13 PM
I have no idea what type are exam questions, but the book has lots of examples.

Register to reply