Register to reply

Raspberry Pi board projects and advice?

by eyeswideopened
Tags: raspberry pi
Share this thread:
eyeswideopened
Apr21-13, 02:37 PM
P: 1
I am looking to work with a raspberry pi board to do some basic and eventually more complex things, what are the best types of things to attempt / what type of raspberry pi board is the best to purchase for a starter? As for the boards themselves I am aware that are quite powerful and I have seen all types of robot cars and computers. Would it be possible to string a few of them together to create a large enough computer to host multiple minecraft servers on? I want to see what I can do with this once I go into college.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Apple to unveil 'iWatch' on September 9
NASA deep-space rocket, SLS, to launch in 2018
Study examines 13,000-year-old nanodiamonds from multiple locations across three continents
Borek
Apr21-13, 03:59 PM
Admin
P: 23,572
As long as you have no idea what you are going to use it for, start with B - A can be enough for some applications, but because of a single USB port and lack of net interface it will be PITA. $10 is not worth the hassle.
Leo McDevitt
Apr22-13, 04:20 PM
P: 3
If you are worried about your online activities being monitored (as I am!) you can make a Personal Virtual Private Network (VPN) with a Raspberry Pi!

http://lifehacker.com/5978098/turn-a...nywhere-you-go

A VPN encrypts communication between your computer and the VPN. You can connect to it from anywhere on the internet. This allows you to have completely secure communication - even on unprotected public WiFi! I'm running one of these to secure communications via my Android phone. It works like a charm.

This is an easy project to do, and rewards you with greater security online.

Register to reply