How to make raspberry pi connect with window7 (no internet)?

In summary: Raspberry Pi HQDepending on the model of your raspberry pi, you can get a wireless dongle and put it into one of the pi's USB ports. That would allow you to connect to the same router as your computer. Otherwise, you could get a bluetooth dongle and connect them using that.
Nate Duong
Dear forum,

I have an raspberry pi (which is using linux and bash),and I am trying to make connection with Windows7 and 8.

As we know that we just need to download Putty.exe on the windows 7, run and insert IP address on to the box, another window will be showed up and "log in as" and "passwork" will be asked. After insert username and password, we could easily remote raspberry pi.But that thing will need internet connection,

My question is, Can we control (remote) raspberry pi without the internet? I've seen once before that we could create a fake server as VPN, or work network... there is no need internet connection but they still control the Pi through Putty.exe.

Anyone has any ideal? Please help?

Thank you.

Nate Duong.

Technology news on Phys.org
You can either connect it directly to your computer or you can connect the pi directly to a monitor and keyboard. You don't need an internet connection for either of those.

Borg said:
You can either connect it directly to your computer or you can connect the pi directly to a monitor and keyboard. You don't need an internet connection for either of those.
Dear Borg,
Nice to see you again on this forum,
I understand that way to make a connection, but I would to do wireless connection,
If you have an ideal, please provide me.
Thank you so much, Borg.
Nate Duong.

Last edited:

1. How do I connect my Raspberry Pi to Windows 7 without internet?

To connect your Raspberry Pi to Windows 7 without internet, you will need to use a USB cable to connect the Raspberry Pi to your computer. You will also need to configure the network settings on your Raspberry Pi and your computer to enable a direct connection between the two devices.

2. What are the necessary hardware and software requirements for connecting Raspberry Pi to Windows 7 without internet?

The necessary hardware requirements include a Raspberry Pi, a USB cable, and a computer running Windows 7. You will also need a power source for the Raspberry Pi and an SD card with the appropriate operating system installed. The software requirements include a terminal emulator program, such as PuTTY, and network configuration tools on both the Raspberry Pi and the Windows 7 computer.

3. Can I use Wi-Fi to connect my Raspberry Pi to Windows 7 without internet?

Yes, you can use Wi-Fi to connect your Raspberry Pi to Windows 7 without internet. However, you will need to set up a wireless ad-hoc network on your computer and configure the Wi-Fi settings on your Raspberry Pi to connect to this network. This method may be more complex and less reliable than using a direct USB connection.

4. How do I configure the network settings on my Raspberry Pi and Windows 7 for a direct connection?

To configure the network settings on your Raspberry Pi and Windows 7 for a direct connection, you will need to set a static IP address on both devices. This can be done through the network settings or by editing the network configuration files. You will also need to ensure that both devices are on the same subnet and have the same network mask.

5. Are there any troubleshooting steps I can take if I am unable to connect my Raspberry Pi to Windows 7 without internet?

If you are unable to connect your Raspberry Pi to Windows 7 without internet, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:- Check your network settings and make sure they are configured correctly.- Restart both devices and try the connection again.- Use a different USB cable or try connecting via Wi-Fi.- Make sure you have the correct drivers installed on your Windows 7 computer.- Check for any software updates on both devices.If the issue persists, you can seek further assistance from online forums or contact the manufacturer of your Raspberry Pi.