Get P-V-T Data for Water - Where to Find?

In summary, the conversation discusses the need for P-V-T data for water and the desire for real experimental data for educational purposes. The individual has been unable to find this data through publications or other sources, but suggests looking into websites such as engineering toolbox and the CRC handbook. The ASME and IAWPS are also mentioned as potential sources for this data.
LydiaAC
Gold Member
I would like to have P-V-T data for water in order to enter them in an Excel spreadsheet and design some exercises for the students to plot different kind of diagrams using the same data.
I can generate the data using some suitable model, but I think that having real experimental data would be of additional educational value.
I have not been able to find a publication with the data, such as a website or an Atlas I can buy.
Any help?

Chemistry news on Phys.org
I believe engineering toolbox site has some steam tables. Perhaps CRC handbook will have them as well?

Here is an interesting site: http://www.steamtablesonline.com/

ASME has published tables and diagrams in the past.

The IAWPS is one agency which develops formulas for water and steam properties, in order to standardize the values for the basic properties used in science and engineering.

1. What is P-V-T data for water?

P-V-T data for water refers to the pressure, volume, and temperature measurements of water at different states. This data is important for understanding the behavior of water under different conditions, and is often used in various scientific and engineering applications.

2. Why is it important to have P-V-T data for water?

P-V-T data for water is important because it helps us understand the properties of water and how it behaves under different conditions. This information is essential for designing and optimizing systems that involve water, such as power plants and chemical processes.

3. Where can I find P-V-T data for water?

P-V-T data for water can be found in various scientific databases and publications, such as textbooks, journals, and online databases. It can also be obtained from experimental measurements or computer simulations.

4. How is P-V-T data for water measured?

P-V-T data for water is typically measured using specialized equipment, such as a pressure gauge, a thermometer, and a container of known volume. These measurements are then used to calculate the properties of water using equations from thermodynamics and fluid mechanics.

5. Is P-V-T data for water accurate and reliable?

Yes, P-V-T data for water is considered to be highly accurate and reliable, as it is based on rigorous experimental measurements and theoretical models. However, it is important to use data from reputable sources and to consider the limitations and uncertainties associated with the measurements.