Christmas lights + electrican engineer with too much time on his hands?

In summary, the video is of Christmas lights and rock music playing on a house. It is pretty crazy and is probably not possible.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/xmaslights.html

freaken awesome though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Nice! :biggrin:

What music is this set to? Is that Focus?

I wonder if he has that going on constantly or maybe at :30 or 1 hour intervals...

And i wonder if he keeps it on during sleeping hours :)

There was a whole show on yesterday on HGTV about "Over The Top" Christmas light displays. Most of these are just one house or two neighbors putting up stuff together, but they showed one neighborhood in Texas where everyone on the block goes over-the-top! I bet the electric company loves them. :bugeye: One guy even had his own low-powered radio station so you could hear the music he had synchronized to the lights without getting out of your car.

I love Christmas lights, but am very glad I don't live next to anyone like that.

I wonder what chemical engineer does for fun instead?
luminol, H2O2, TCPO, POCL, etc :biggrin:

wow i wonder what his electrical bill was

The ending was awesome!

Christmas Time Is Here, By Golly!

SUPER CRAZY CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!
This is just too cool!
How would you like this set up in your neighbor hood!
http://www.stuntcook.com/index.php?i=18276
This is a windows media file so it is best viewed on Internet Explorer. If you have problems you can download the file(link is below the the file frame) to your computer and view it with media player or whatever software you have available to view windows media files. ENJOY! :biggrin:
SEASONS GREETINGS! :biggrin:

Oooh! Double post! Pengwuino already got this one!

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=101482

Last edited:
Ooooh! I just posted another link to the same video. Sorry!

That is just tooooooo cool!

When I was living in SoCal, there was a neighborhood where everyone went over the top with the Xmas lights. It was quite a sight to see! Apparently they had a 'tradition' of doing that and everyone in Orange County went to view it. It was pretty impressive but there wasn't anything like the guy who made this video.

Last edited:
shawesome stuff

Ha! I watched it in firefox on Linux. No IE needed whatsoever.

I love it. I wanted to do something like that, but I had to resort to pluging lights in really fast and once I started working and sweating the snow started melting and my hands got wet. During Little Drummer Boy I was just finishing pah rum pum pum pum when I arc'd and set the manger on fire and blew a fuse. damn frankensence went up like napalm and by the time I got the wise men put out they had already called a special meeting of the city council and outlawed incandescent bulbs in my district.

Ahh I remember seeing this video, cool indeed.

polyb said:
Oooh! Double post! Pengwuino already got this one!
Okay, the two threads are now merged.

yeh its possible.. seen that before.. totally wikid, the person who owns that house mush be a lighting engineer

1. How do Christmas lights work?

Christmas lights work by using electricity to power small bulbs that emit light. The electricity flows through a wire and into the bulbs, causing them to light up. The bulbs are connected in a series or parallel circuit, depending on the type of lights, to ensure that if one bulb burns out, the rest will continue to work.

2. How many Christmas lights can I connect together?

The number of Christmas lights that can be connected together depends on the wattage of the lights and the capacity of the electrical outlet. It is recommended to not connect more than 3 sets of lights together to avoid overloading the outlet and causing a fire hazard.

3. Can I use LED lights instead of traditional incandescent lights?

Yes, LED lights are a popular and energy-efficient alternative to traditional incandescent lights. They use less electricity and have a longer lifespan, making them a more cost-effective option in the long run.

4. How can I fix a strand of Christmas lights that won't turn on?

If a strand of Christmas lights won't turn on, the first step is to check for any loose or broken bulbs. If there are none, the issue may be with the fuse in the plug. Replacing the fuse or using a bypass fuse can often fix the problem.

5. Are there any safety precautions I should take when using Christmas lights?

It is important to always follow the manufacturer's instructions when using Christmas lights. Some general safety precautions include not overloading electrical outlets, keeping lights away from flammable materials, and unplugging lights when not in use or when leaving the house. It is also important to inspect lights for any damage before use and to replace them if necessary.