I Just Bought a Classic Car: Grinning from Ear to Ear!

  • Thread starter Thread starter brewnog
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
27 replies · 4K views
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
2,751
Reaction score
8
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/images/58286-1.jpg
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/images/58286-2.jpg

I don't think I've ever grinned so much in all my life!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Wow! That's some ride! Now that you're gainfully employed and have a really cool car, when will we hear the reports of all the hot dates you'll have? :biggrin:
 
Moonbear said:
Wow! That's some ride! Now that you're gainfully employed and have a really cool car, when will we hear the reports of all the hot dates you'll have? :biggrin:


I was talking to a guy last night who used to have a similar car, and he just turned around and said "They're fun, but they're not kitty magnets. If you pick up a girl in it, just make sure her tattoos are spelt correctly!" :biggrin:
 
Impressive! I want one (oh, and a driving lisence... damn.)
 
russ_watters said:
I'm not sure I've ever told you how much I hate you...

I'll keep it for a year, then swap it for your telescope. :smile:
 
[Jealously]Not very practical where do you put the shopping. With our weather i hope you`ve got an umbrella, (I want one!)[/Jealously]
 
Brewski, you bastard! Get over here right now so I can car-jack you!
 
Telescope?Blimey...Nerd alert!

That is definitely a bachelor car. Nice little toy you've got there. I guess the next step is to install the really big/noisy exchaust and huge spoiler kits?
 
Last edited:
She a beautiful! What you going to name her? Something sexy, sultry...
 
tribdog said:
kitty magnets, lol
Who said chivalry was dead


Insulted magnets?
 
Hm, I would take it back. They didn't even put the steering wheel on the correct side.
 
Last edited:
brewnog said:
said "They're fun, but they're not ... magnets. If you pick up a girl in it, just make sure her tattoos are spelt correctly!" :biggrin:
Brewie, not that you would use it for that purpose. Nice car.

Enjoy - but drive safely and where your seat belt.

I am a Honda Civic kind of dude. Not fancy, but it get's really great mileage.

But if I was to get such a toy, it would nothing less than a Porsche 917. :!)
 
brewnog said:
I'll keep it for a year, then swap it for your telescope. :smile:
Before the exchange, can I borrow it only for 1 day?:shy: I like to see how it's like when your car hits the wall!o:)
 
Okay, this may seem silly to be asking so late, but just what kind of car is it anyway? It's super-cool looking, but I've never before seen anything like it to have any inkling of an idea what it is.
 
Moonbear said:
Okay, this may seem silly to be asking so late, but just what kind of car is it anyway?
Women...
It's obviously a Matchbox #417. And the detail in the model garage and driveway is truly amazing.
 
God, that thing's gorgeous, Brewnog. Congrats!
 
Danger said:
Women...
It's obviously a Matchbox #417. And the detail in the model garage and driveway is truly amazing.
:-p Pbbbbththththppppptttttt!
 
Moonbear said:
Okay, this may seem silly to be asking so late, but just what kind of car is it anyway? It's super-cool looking, but I've never before seen anything like it to have any inkling of an idea what it is.
Its a Caterham
 
I kind of like my Jeep, but, if the price were right, I could handle owning a big luxury car.

Maybe I could obtain it http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/cash-johnny/one-piece-at-a-time-2214.html .
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a John Deere tractor in practically the same color scheme:biggrin: . Just kidding, very nice lines, looks fast and nimble. It almost makes me want to give up my bikes...:wink: .
 
She's lovely mate, what engine have you got in her? I hear that the turbocharged cosworth engines go rather well in one of those. :biggrin: