Are computer building advice requests welcome here?

In summary, the conversation is about someone asking if requests for advice on building a new computer are welcome on the forum. They also mention their own computer troubles and ask for help in building their dream machine. Other members are willing to offer assistance and ask for more details about the desired system.
Jocko Homo
I'm looking to build a new computer for myself but it's been a while since I've done so and I find the market to be more confusing now than ever. Are requests for such advice welcome on these forums? I figure a question on forum protocol would be more welcome than a blatant violation of them...

Thank you!

Computer science news on Phys.org
Don't know about others, but, personally, I have no objections.

Jocko Homo said:
I'm looking to build a new computer for myself but it's been a while since I've done so and I find the market to be more confusing now than ever. Are requests for such advice welcome on these forums? I figure a question on forum protocol would be more welcome than a blatant violation of them...

Thank you!

I agree with hamster -- should be fine.

Bring it on.. I like helping others shop for their dream machine while I have to daydream for when I have enough money to slap another piece onto my baby.

For any who is concerned my baby is sick right now. The graphics card is too big for the power supply and the PS is slowly dieing... I can only wait until I can afford a replacement.
My poor baby.

I don't see why they wouldn't be. Most of us here would be willing to help you build one. What kind of system are looking to build?

Thank you everyone! My actual request is in this thread...

1. What type of computer building advice requests are welcome here?

Any type of computer building advice requests are welcome here, as long as it follows our community guidelines and is related to computer building.

2. Can I ask for specific brand or product recommendations?

Yes, you can ask for specific brand or product recommendations. However, please keep in mind that this is a community for sharing knowledge and experiences, not for promoting or advertising specific brands or products.

3. Are beginner-level questions about computer building accepted?

Yes, all levels of computer building questions are accepted here. This community is open to both beginners and experts, and we encourage everyone to learn and share their knowledge.

4. Can I post multiple computer building advice requests in one post?

We recommend that you post one computer building advice request per post. This will make it easier for other members to provide specific and detailed responses to your request.

5. Is it okay to ask for help with troubleshooting my computer build?

Yes, you can ask for help with troubleshooting your computer build. Our community is here to support and provide assistance in any stage of the computer building process.