Drawing 4, 5, 6, and 7 dimensional objects

• Thread starter Eugene381
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Drawing
In summary, Eugene created a YouTube video demonstrating how to draw 4, 5, 6, and 7 dimensional objects, which is possible despite popular opinion. The video is four minutes long and was created using Anime Studio Debut. Eugene also clarified that this was not a school project, but something he did in his free time. The video received positive feedback for its professional presentation and use of voice work and music. One issue with drawing higher-dimensional objects is occlusion, which can be solved by using transparency.
Eugene381
Hello everyone.

I just created a YouTube video on how to draw 4, 5, 6, and 7 dimensional objects. Yes, contrary to popular opinion, this is possible.

The four minute video is available at
http://youtu.be/Q_B5GpsbSQw

Please let me know what you think. I hope you like it.

Thanks.

-Eugene

Physics news on Phys.org
This was awesome! Nice presentation.

What software did you use to generate the images?

Was this a project for school?

It seems very professionally done with nice voice work and backing music.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, I am glad you liked it.

No, this was not a project for school. Just something I did in my free time.

I created the animations using Anime Studio Debut.

A problem with 4d (or more) is occlusion. If you don't use transparency and you make more complex objects than polytopes then you often see one part of the object appearing to poke through another part, as though there is intersection.
This confused me for a while until I realized that this is just the 4d equivalent of how a closer object appears to overlap a further object in 3d when viewed from the right angle in 2d. It isn't real intersection.

Hello Eugene,

Thank you for sharing your video on drawing 4, 5, 6, and 7 dimensional objects. I find the idea of drawing objects in higher dimensions fascinating. While it may seem impossible to visualize these objects, it is important to remember that our understanding of dimensions is constantly evolving and there may be more than just the three dimensions we are familiar with.

Your video provides a great demonstration of how to approach drawing these objects using mathematical principles and creative imagination. It is a great exercise for developing spatial reasoning skills and expanding our understanding of the world around us.

I encourage everyone to watch your video and try out drawing these higher dimensional objects. It may seem challenging at first, but with practice and an open mind, it can be a fun and rewarding experience. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and creativity with the world.

Best,

1. What are the differences between 4, 5, 6, and 7 dimensional objects?

The main difference between these dimensional objects is the number of dimensions they exist in. A 4 dimensional object has four dimensions (length, width, height, and time), while a 5 dimensional object has five dimensions, and so on. These dimensions determine the shape and properties of the object.

2. How can we visualize or draw a 4, 5, 6, or 7 dimensional object?

It is difficult for us to visualize or draw objects with more than three dimensions because our brains are not wired to understand them. However, we can use mathematical equations and computer simulations to create visual representations of these objects.

3. Can we physically create or interact with 4, 5, 6, or 7 dimensional objects?

It is currently not possible for us to physically create or interact with objects with more than three dimensions. However, there are theories in physics, such as string theory, that suggest the existence of extra dimensions beyond the three that we experience.

4. Are there any real-life examples of 4, 5, 6, or 7 dimensional objects?

There are no known examples of objects with more than three dimensions in our everyday lives. However, in physics, dimensions beyond the three we experience are used to describe the behavior of subatomic particles and the universe as a whole.

5. How do 4, 5, 6, and 7 dimensional objects impact our understanding of the world?

The study of higher dimensions allows us to better understand the behavior of particles and the universe, and has implications in fields such as physics, mathematics, and computer science. It also challenges our perception of reality and expands our understanding of the world around us.