Places to go and visit for Science

• Thread starter AlexVGheo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Science
In summary, there are various scientific research places in Europe that could potentially interest young people in science. These include the Royal Institute of Science, Manchester University, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Royal Observatory in Edinburough, Gottingen University and Observatory, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Lund University, and Ringhal Nuclear Power Station. In addition, the ITER project in Paris and the Arts et Métiers ParisTech museum with its collection of historical scientific instruments are also recommended for science students.
AlexVGheo
I am trying to organise a school trip to a science place somewhere in Europe, we have already been to CERN and I have a few ideas already which ill list below. But what scientific research places do you think would get young people into science? [Has to be in Europe, but not exclusively physics]
  • Royal institute of Science
  • Manchester University
  • Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
  • Royal Observatory in Edinburough
  • Gottingen University and Observatory
  • European Molecular Biology Laboratory
  • Lund University and Ringhal Nuclear Power Station

Physics news on Phys.org
AlexVGheo said:
I am trying to organise a school trip to a science place somewhere in Europe, we have already been to CERN and I have a few ideas already which ill list below. But what scientific research places do you think would get young people into science? [Has to be in Europe, but not exclusively physics]
  • Royal institute of Science
  • Manchester University
  • Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
  • Royal Observatory in Edinburough
  • Gottingen University and Observatory
  • European Molecular Biology Laboratory
  • Lund University and Ringhal Nuclear Power Station

http://www.iter.org/visit?

In Paris don't miss http://www.arts-et-metiers.net/. There are tons of instruments many of which are originals from the past including instruments used by Lavoisier, etc. Many students visit it. IMHO it's a must-visit place for any science student.

What are some popular places to go and visit for science?

Some popular places to visit for science include museums, science centers, national parks, research institutions, and universities.

What types of science can be explored at these places?

Depending on the location, you can explore a wide range of scientific topics such as biology, chemistry, physics, astronomy, geology, and environmental science.

Are these places suitable for all ages?

Yes, many of these places offer exhibits and activities that are suitable for all ages, from young children to adults. Some places may also have specific programs or events for different age groups.

Do these places require reservations or tickets?

It depends on the location. Some places may require reservations or tickets, especially during peak seasons or for special exhibits. It is best to check the website or call ahead to see if reservations or tickets are necessary.

Can I learn about current research and advancements in science at these places?

Yes, many of these places have exhibits or programs that showcase the latest scientific research and advancements. You may also have the opportunity to speak with scientists and researchers at these places.