101 things that the Mozilla browser can do that IE cannot.

• Thread starter ranger
  • Start date
personally i have both ie7 and opera. Opera is so much better. I recently downloaded it due to all of the problems that I have been having with ie7. IE7 is the worst browser out of the competive market.

We Window users are stuck with IE thanks to windows update. :grumpy:

I have all three, IE, Firefox and Opera. I like Opera the best. But very rarely Opera does not render a page correctly causing me to use Firefox.

i have firefox what ever the latest version is i cant remember (im not on my comp at the moment) and any thing that requires a downloaded plugin will not work or will not download correctly. so that makes IE valuble at times... and yes firefox is VERY unstable! but i love it

Anyone use Apples Safari web browser? A friend of mine uses it religiously and his liking to it got my interest.

Is the memory usage on par with Opera?

Once you discover extensions on firefox you'll never be able to quit.

FredGarvin
Science Advisor
I have all three, IE, Firefox and Opera. I like Opera the best. But very rarely Opera does not render a page correctly causing me to use Firefox.
I, every rare once in a while, run into a page that has issues with Firefox. The beauty is that I DL'd the extension "IE Tab" and all is well. I simply press a button and firefox runs an IE page within it. It may not be the most efficient in terms of programming, but I think it's a slick idea to fix little annoyances.

Firefox was way ahead of IE and now they are just starting to catch up. I simply do not trust IE because of all of the security issues it has had over the years.

Obbb i adore firefox. its sweet trying to seem IE's attempt at competing though, i mean they've got tabs an EVERYTHING now - jokes

I only like the tabbing.

-Job-
Science Advisor
Obbb i adore firefox. its sweet trying to seem IE's attempt at competing though, i mean they've got tabs an EVERYTHING now - jokes

That's not really fair you know, i think Opera had tabbing before both IE and FF, but when FireFox went for tabs you didn't hear much about it. Alot of people just dislike IE and Microsoft because most people dislike IE and Microsoft. It's the popular thing.

madmike159
Gold Member
I have always used IE and never had too much trouble with it. some of the 101 things have been fixed in newer IE's, like tab browsing.

Hmm, Opera you say. Might have to check it out. I was having a bit of trouble with Firefox using upwards of 150,000 K of mem for 2 windows. Then I cleaned my registry and its doin better, but still fairly high. Anyways, yeah IE sucks and Firefox and others are better. Even more proof of the power of open source.

actually i wanna know what is the main advantage of using opera,mozillas
rather than starightly going by internet explorer