130 cats + 1 bag of food = flying fur

In summary, this woman is the "Crazy Cat Lady" and she has 130 cats. Some of the cats in her room look well taken care of, but many of them look like they are in a cramped, conditions. She is also raising money to spay and neuter all the cats, and she claims that they are all strays. If this is true, she is doing a great deed, but if it is not, she is potentially harming the cats by keeping them in such a conditions.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
I know there are plenty of cat lovers on here, but I think even you people can't stand them when there are THIS many! :biggrin: This is actually scary!

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
Ahahahahah that's a lot of cats. This lady is the crazy cat lady!

ZapperZ said:
I know there are plenty of cat lovers on here, but I think even you people can't stand them when there are THIS many! :biggrin: This is actually scary!

Zz.

:rofl:That is nuts! Those cats were going crazy when she brought the food in. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up destroying her home.

Hoarding is a mental disorder, these people don't understand the harm they are doing. She believes she has saved these cats, she dosen't understand, for the cats, its like torture.

I wonder how many of the neighbor's cats are locked in her room.

But really, think of all the cat litter...

... but maybe she just let them out a few at a time instead.

Either way, it isn't pretty.

Zz.

I can't wait to get home and watch this.

Poor kitties. :frown:

They look well cared for, but surely they aren't confined to a single room? Better than seeing them in an animal shelter with them in small cages though. I guess.

I certainly hope those are all spayed and neutered.

cyrusabdollahi said:
Ahahahahah that's a lot of cats. This lady is the crazy cat lady!

Quit laughing. I think that's my sister-in-law.

Except my sister-in-law only had 20 or 30 or so last time I saw her house, but that was a few years ago.

130!?? That's a lot of cats. That's 5 'The Cat in the Hat Comes Backs' (one of my favorite stories, by the way).

Evo said:
I certainly hope those are all spayed and neutered.

If they aren't this woman is in for WAY more than she bargained for!

I hate cats enough as it is, but 130 that's insane.

BobG said:
Quit laughing. I think that's my sister-in-law.

Except my sister-in-law only had 20 or 30 or so last time I saw her house, but that was a few years ago.

130!?? That's a lot of cats. That's 5 'The Cat in the Hat Comes Backs' (one of my favorite stories, by the way).

http://cache.gawker.com/news/upload/2006/07/simpsons_CrazyCatLady.jpg

Say hello to bob's sister-in-law.

Last edited by a moderator:
It might be fun to dump a bunch of mice in the room.

Fun? I'd find it incredibly cruel.

For whom, the mice or the cats?

Last edited:
It must cost a lot if she's feeding them right. They look healthy in the video.

I can't imagine they are all spade and neutered. It simply would cost too much. Plus if they are strays, isn't it pretty much guaranteed that one or two(likely many more) of them carry a disease and will pass it on to all of them eventually? :-( Is there an article about this?

http://www.englishrussia.com/?p=1199 is all i could find, (a few more video's)

Last edited:
maybe they are street cats, but are used to eating by her house...

1. How did the cats start flying?

The cats did not actually start flying. This equation is simply a humorous way of saying that there are a lot of cats in a small space, causing chaos and commotion.

2. Can cats really fly?

No, cats do not have the ability to fly. They may have strong jumping abilities, but they cannot fly like birds or insects.

3. What does the bag of food have to do with it?

The bag of food is simply included in the equation to show that there is a limited amount of resources (food) for a large number of cats, leading to chaos and competition for the food.

4. Is this equation based on a real scientific experiment?

No, this equation is not based on any real scientific experiment. It is simply a silly scenario used for comedic purposes.

5. What is the point of this equation?

The point of this equation is simply to make people laugh and entertain them. It is not meant to be taken seriously or have any scientific significance.