Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

2- butoxyethanol alternative wanted

1. Nov 11, 2015 #1
    Hello, I'm Ron from the Netherlands. I am in search. I'm producing a cleaning product for the industry. It's an all purpose cleaner. I was using 2-butoxyethanol as an solvent in the formula. I want to replace it for a less toxic and more human friendly chemical compound. Of course the new compound must still work fine as a degreasing and wetting agent. So still the benefits of 2-butoxyethanol but better for human and of course the environment. Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 16, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Nov 17, 2015 #3
    Maybe d-limonene or n-propanol is a good less hazardous alternative for 2-butoxyethanol? Can somebody tell me if these 2 alternatives have the same qualities as
    the butylglycol?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook