20 Questions: An Intelligence-Testing Game of Yes/No Questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter I_am_learning
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
369 replies · 59K views
Traz 0 said:
I thought we were running low on questions, but, if we don't count "are you a TV," we're only at 7. And, should we REALLY count "are you a TV?"

I suppose it would be fair.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Traz 0 said:
I predict that it transports both, and that the ultimate answer is, something very close to a car. Or a bicycle. Or a scooter. I had a Strategy, damn you! lol

(Is a bicycle less than 10 kg? I'm sure I have seen lighter ones...) well here are questions I will leave you to choose from them:
Does it have more than 4 wheels? Excluding spares.
Is it curiosity the Mars rover? Perhaps it would be better to ask if it is common: we could just eliminate bat mobile, tanks, S.W.O.R.D.S and horse carraiges. Sorry poor joke.
 
Enigman said:
Is it mentioned in the previous posts?
I don't get this question. Pass.
 
Are the wheels propelled in any manner by a motor or engine that is an integral part of the object.
 
edward said:
Are the wheels propelled in any manner by a motor or engine that is an integral part of the object.
Nope
 
edward said:
Are the wheels propelled in any manner by a motor or engine that is an integral part of the object.

I didn't really get this question, and I still don't. But, it was *clearly* a smart question, since I didn't anticipate the answer. :-)

All I've got now is land yacht, which isn't as all that uncommon, or, maybe something like the lunar rover, with motors in the wheels? Though, I would consider wheels integral ...

Take us home, Edward!
 
I was thinking the car/vehicle's engine might be the answer, but the last answered questions are confusing...
 
MisterX said:
Some of you might be interested in this AI that plays 20 questions.

Not that good. I was thinking about a velvet mite. It asked about 30 questions before giving up. It wrote "Is it a woodloose (insect)?"... The woodloose is NOT an insect, it's a crustacean!
Then it stated that I contradicted its knowledge 5 times:
Does it live in a forest? I answered "sometimes", its thoughts are "No".
Can it jump? I answered "no". Its thoughts are "probably".
Is it boring? I answered "no", it wanted a "yes".
Does it live in the grassland? I answered "sometimes", it wanted a "no".
Can one find it over a desk? I answered "sometimes", it wanted a "doubtful".
 
Traz 0 said:
I didn't really get this question, and I still don't. But, it was *clearly* a smart question, since I didn't anticipate the answer. :-)

All I've got now is land yacht, which isn't as all that uncommon, or, maybe something like the lunar rover, with motors in the wheels? Though, I would consider wheels integral ...

Take us home, Edward!

Or perhaps some thing like horse carraige, Ox carts, Hand rickshaws, Bicycles...
 
Enigman said:
Or perhaps some thing like horse carraige, Ox carts, Hand rickshaws, Bicycles...

Those items are all commonly seen, if not necessarily in the west. Which aren't members of the set that fits our previous queries.
 
Then perhaps we should ask if it is dragged or pushed by carbon based life forms...:what:
 
lisab said:
Is it a Segway?

I had to Google that term. No, it isn't.
 
OK so far we have determined that it is a not commonly seen, non self propelled land transport. It is bigger than a microwave and weighs over 10kg. It is not black. It is man made and is smaller than a house.

I don't think that we got an answer to the question in post #21by KC Smallz. For convenience I will repost it here.

Is it used solely for transporting people?

Edit bolded for clarity.
 
Last edited:
edward said:
Is it used solely for transporting people?
Edit bolded for clarity.
Yes. (But I am not sure . It CAN be used to transport goods as well if one wants.)
 
Someone mentioned the number of wheels but then never really asked (I think):confused:

LOL OK so does it have fewer than four wheels?
 
edward said:
Someone mentioned the number of wheels but then never really asked (I think):confused:

LOL OK so does it have fewer than four wheels?
Yes.
 
edward said:
Someone mentioned the number of wheels but then never really asked (I think):confused:

LOL OK so does it have fewer than four wheels?
That would be me...
The only thing I can think of is Hand pulled rickshaws...
I really need some coffee :(
 
I have several guesses here, except all weigh less than 10 kg and/or are not uncommon, i.e. bicycle, unicycle, 3 wheeled baby carriage, pogo-stick, stilts, rickshaw ... uh, a wheelbarrow at a dive bar used to carry out drunks? Is a jet pack used for land transport?
 
Last edited: