20 Questions: An Intelligence-Testing Game of Yes/No Questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter I_am_learning
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
369 replies · 60K views
Enigman said:
Unlikely definition from urban dictionary: A douchebag who has little or no integrity and mainly like to hang with the opposite sex at a much younger age (mostly because they are naive). Best places to fine somebody like this would be Oklahoma or Southeast Alaska.

Holy Poopsicle! ROFL!

In my case, it's a character name from a Jack Vance novel.

BTW, if Lisa doesn't start a topic, I will. Except, now it can't be a Traz :(
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Wt...

*hands Enigman a cup of peach flower tea to calm him/her down*
 
Gad said:
Wt...

*hands Enigman a cup of peach flower tea to calm him/her down*

Enig-MAN so a he.
*gulps it down desperately- before the system crashes again*
 
Right then!

I have something in mind.
 
lisab said:
Right then!

I have something in mind.

I believe the first question is allowed to be "animal, vegetable, or mineral?" so, which?

Edit: if any.
 
Traz 0 said:
I believe the first question is allowed to be "animal, vegetable, or mineral?" so, which?

Edit: if any.

Definitely not an animal or vegetable. A combination of minerals.
 
lisab said:
Definitely not an animal or vegetable. A combination of minerals.

Right. Who's next?
 
Gad said:
Can you carry it?

Yes.
 
You're not asking Enigman, so I'll do.

Is it used on a daily basis?
 
Gad said:
You're not asking Enigman, so I'll do.

Is it used on a daily basis?

No, it's not typically used daily.
 
I_am_learning said:
Is it man-made?

Yes it is.
 
micromass said:
Is it a TV?

Hey! Don't screw up our game!
 
Gad said:
Hey! Don't screw up our game!

I think Lisa knows that we're not ready to start guessing specifics. She was a questioner last game.
 
Traz 0 said:
I think Lisa knows that we're not ready to start guessing specifics. She was a questioner last game.

:blank look:
 
Gad said:
micromass said:
Is it a TV?

Hey! Don't screw up our game!

Further, a TV IS typically used daily.

lisab said:
No, it's not typically used daily.
 
I am interested in this thread, allow me to ask a question.

Is it found in water?
 
First game: Someone asked, "is it a tv?"

I_am_learning said:
No. But this is not how you play. You need to keep narrowing the field, not make wild guesses.

This game:
micromass said:
Is it a TV?

I kinda thought it was a joke, like, a recurring question asked way to early?

In case it's not, optimal strategy for this game seems to me to be to wait until you can't think of anything else to offer a specific item. Or, if you're on q20, pick your best guess of what's left.

Of course, that's just how I'd play. Don't want to be a bully here, lol.
 
freshcoast said:
I am interested in this thread, allow me to ask a question.

Is it found in water?

It's not typically found in water, but I guess there are circumstances where it could end up there.

TV :-p
 
Gad said:
Is it found in the kitchen?

It's not typically found in kitchens, but there could be circumstances where it would be found there.
 
I_am_learning said:
Is it an electrical or electronics device?

No it's not, and it has no electrical or electronic components.