A googolplex YB is 10^124 bytes

• Thread starter rock4christ
  • Start date
  • Tags
    bytes
In summary, Google is a company that got its name from an error in spelling. It was supposed to be gogle, but they added an extra o.
rock4christ
a googol YB is 10^124 bytes

im wanting to know how much that is in Terrabytes. anyone know?

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
One googol is 10100. A googolplex is 101 googol. You could not write such a number down. It is not 10124.

D H said:
One googol is 10100. A googolplex is 101 googol. You could not write such a number down. It is not 10124.
oops error, 10124 is a googol of yottabytes not a googleplex. oops

a googolplex YB would be 101000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000024 bytes

whats that in TB

Last edited:
Pah!

After I met "[URL [Broken] number[/URL], the Googolplex is just a fluffy little kitten to me!

Last edited by a moderator:
oh yeah... well how about the bob. its grahamgoogleplex for B1
B2 is graham^(graham^googleplex) and so on.
it ends at B googleplex^graham

Last edited:
rock4christ said:
oh yeah... well how about the bob. its grahamgoogleplex for B1
B2 is graham^(graham^googleplex) and so on.
it ends at B googleplex^graham

Yeees... well B googleplex^graham+1 is bigger.:tongue2:

Anyone can make up numbers. Graham's number has the distinction of being the largest number ever used seriously in a mathematical equation.

How abou pi without a decimal point. I know it's pointless to engage in a "my number is bigger than yours" thing but i find it hard to resist.

How abou pi without a decimal point. I know it's pointless to engage in a "my number is bigger than yours" thing but i find it hard to resist.

"pi without a decimal point" is not a number.

I just meant infinity.

infinity is not a number!

So did Google get its name from this "googol" or is it the other way around. Now I see why they named their main campus at Mountain View the GooglePlex. =D

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice stuff there ;D

I believe that google got its name from an error in spelling. It was supposed to be gogle, but they added an extra o. But I'm not sure about this. I suppose I should google it.

I've heard the word google far too much in this thread.

Google needs to die.

*pumps shotgun*

majora2007 said:
infinity is not a number!

Well, not with that attitude...

I announce that red will now be a number and no longer a color. I am enthusiastic about numbers and I want more of them! :D

Last edited:

1. What is a googolplex YB?

A googolplex YB is a unit of measurement for digital storage, equal to 10^124 bytes. This quantity is unimaginably large and is rarely used in practical applications.

2. How does a googolplex YB compare to other units of digital storage?

A googolplex YB is significantly larger than other commonly used units, such as gigabytes, terabytes, and even yottabytes. In fact, it is estimated that the entire internet contains about 1 googolplex YB of data.

3. What is the origin of the term "googolplex"?

The term "googolplex" was coined by mathematician Edward Kasner in 1938 as a way to describe an incredibly large number. A googolplex is equal to 10^googol, which is a 1 followed by 100 zeros.

4. Is a googolplex YB the largest unit of digital storage?

No, there are even larger units of digital storage, such as googolbytes (10^100 bytes) and googolplexbytes (10^googolplex bytes). However, these units are purely theoretical and have no practical use.

5. Can a googolplex YB hold all the data in the universe?

No, it is estimated that the observable universe contains about 10^80 atoms, which is significantly less than a googolplex YB. Even if every atom in the universe were used to store data, it would still not be enough to reach a googolplex YB.