A homebrew quantum computer simulator

In summary, the conversation discussed the development of a quantum computer simulator written in Python on a Raspberry Pi 4. The simulator has been tested on a PC and can simulate up to 13 qubits, with a quick simulation time of 10 qubits. The developer has implemented Grover's algorithm and plans to tackle Shor's algorithm next. A video and blog post have also been created to showcase the simulator's operation and development process.
Bob Walance
Insights Author
Gold Member
TL;DR Summary
My Python code for and a video describing this Python-based quantum computer simulator.
A while ago I started writing a quantum computer simulator in order to learn more about quantum computing. It certainly has helped me.

The simulator is written in Python and the development was done on a Raspberry Pi 4. It has also been tested on a pc.

In order to see it do something useful I implemented Grover's algorithm. It can simulate up to 13 qubits although that takes about 1/2 hour to do on the Pi. Running 10 qubits is pretty quick. I plan to tackle Shor's algorithm next.

Here's a link to a video that briefly describes its operation and shows a demo of qubit entanglement plus a demo of Grover's algorithm.

Here's a link to code. This link is also shown at the beginning of the video.
https://github.com/BobWalance/My-qc-simulator-repository

Likes atyy, jedishrfu, yucheng and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
I've also written a blog post about the development of the simulator.https://medium.com/@BobWalance/building-a-quantum-computer-simulator-with-python-on-a-raspberry-pi-86c5e9f2513b