Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A modern intro to lattice QCD?

1. May 30, 2015 #1

Hepth

Gold Member

Does anyone have a good reference to a more modern introduction to lqcd? By modern I mean including unquenched, staggered quark, etc. Most intros I find are quite dated and I'm interested in learning about newer technology and methods/improved.

Figured there may be some lattice theorists here!

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. May 30, 2015 #2
    There doesn't seem to be a lot of recent references- you might take a look at
    Quantum Chromodynamics on the Lattice: An Introductory Presentation

by Christof Gattringer and Christian B. Lang

"The lattice formulation is at present the most successful approach to Quantum Chromodynamics - the theory of quarks and gluons. This book is intended for newcomers to the field and presents a clear and easy-to-follow path from the first principles all the way to actual calculations. It focusses on QCD and discusses mainly SU(3) lattice gauge theory, both with and without fermions. Numerical calculations in lattice field theory have now become the most effective approach for obtaining quantitative results, and thus three chapters include sections describing numerical techniques, as used in pure gauge theory, in quenched spectroscopy and in treating dynamical fermions."

4. May 30, 2015 #3

atyy

Science Advisor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook