A necessity: Where to buy graph paper?

In summary, you are looking for graph paper that is 1-sided, is 8.5x11 in size, and comes in a 6-pack of 50-sheet pads.
lLovePhysics
I can't seem to find double-sided 8 1/2 by 11 graph paper. I've tried looking at Office Depot but they only have one-sided ones. Does anyone know of the cheapest way to buy graph paper online? Does Staples sell any 2 sided-graphing paper? By the way, I'm talking about the boxed ones that are perfect in size. :smile: Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Check the college bookstores, maybe some of the undergraduate college ones. There once was some greenish quad paper, strong print on one side, print lightly visible on the reverse side.

symbolipoint said:
Check the college bookstores, maybe some of the undergraduate college ones. There once was some greenish quad paper, strong print on one side, print lightly visible on the reverse side.

Are you telling me that normally graph paper is only 1-sided? I think I remember using double sided graph paper before but I don't remember where I got it from. I only have a community college near where I live. =/ Plus, aren't things in the bookstores over priced?

Last edited:
I bought a package of Office Depot brand paper. Ask for the glue top quad ruled pads. They are lined on both sides (though I can't imagine using both sides as it is rather transparent with dark pencil or ink) and are 8.5x11. It comes in a 6-pack of 50-sheet pads.

If it helps, tell the store that the item # is 533-840.

My school store had the best price on it, 500 sheets $15, Ill see if you can order it online later

lLovePhysics said:
Are you telling me that normally graph paper is only 1-sided? I think I remember using double sided graph paper before but I don't remember where I got it from. I only have a community college near where I live. =/ Plus, aren't things in the bookstores over priced?
That depends on the brand and the type of graph paper. Some of the fancier types might be found only as one-sided, but some of the cheaper (not meaning poor quality) cartesian paper may be double sided. You are probably expecting cartesian paper which you can find at a college bookstore, stationary store, teacher supply store, often even grocery stores & drug stores, and naturally, office supply stores.

I wish we could use graph paper. Try drawing

[itex]\frac {5(12x+65)}{x^2-25}[/itex]

On lined paper, pfft they're masochists :smile:

I myself love the yellow pads, like a legal, but it has light blue graph squares on it that are in like ~1.5" darker lines, split up into ~10 each (i think).
Started using those at a lab and never went back. Use them for everything.

Nice thing about it is the blue ink is printed on the back, so on the front you only see the ghosting through, which is plenty to draw on/see without pulling away from your notes. And if you need the full graph you just turn it over.

Staples has a ton of it. They have the engineering graph paper, graph paper notebooks, computation notebooks, etc.

Last edited:
uhhh...i got mine in wal-mart... a pack of 275 pages for like $0.75...

I just get engineering pads.

lLovePhysics said:
Do you think it cheapter to print your own graph paper? You need to supply ink and paper, but it saves you a trip to the stores!
i've been printing out my own, it's so much neater too

i can choose whatever color i want. i hate the blue-graph paper, it's so damn blue!

I don't know if you have CVS near you, but that is where I get mine. It is three hole punched though. Come to think of it, I have never looked at the back, but I am quite sure it is two-sided.

Casey

Llama77 said:
I just get engineering pads.

Too expensive, last time I looked it was about $10/100 sheets.... and in my old age, I can't see the lines anymore.

Hello
I was searching for Graph Paper and found this Forum. I don't know if anyone can help me in my search, but it's worth a try.

I do dressmaking and need Graph Paper. When I lived in England I used to buy Dressmakers Graph Paper either in Sketch Pad size booklets or on rolls. I've been in France for 6years and have finally run out of my supply. Unfortunately the shop I used in U.K. has closed. I can't find the size I need in my region of France.
Can anyone suggest an On-Line site where I might be able to get some?
I keep searching Google but keep getting results for "printing your own graph paper" or sites such as this Forum. My printer isn't big enough to take dress makers size paper.
Any ideas greatly appreciated

Cheers
Haz

Hazel Twig said:
Hello
I was searching for Graph Paper and found this Forum. I don't know if anyone can help me in my search, but it's worth a try.

I do dressmaking and need Graph Paper. When I lived in England I used to buy Dressmakers Graph Paper either in Sketch Pad size booklets or on rolls. I've been in France for 6years and have finally run out of my supply. Unfortunately the shop I used in U.K. has closed. I can't find the size I need in my region of France.
Can anyone suggest an On-Line site where I might be able to get some?
I keep searching Google but keep getting results for "printing your own graph paper" or sites such as this Forum. My printer isn't big enough to take dress makers size paper.
Any ideas greatly appreciated

Cheers
Haz
Googling dressmaker graph paper, I found a site that sells it, but it's quite expensive, they may ship to France, they're in the UK. http://www.gardengateknitsewcraft.co.uk/gardengateknitsewcraftonlinestoreforknittingsewingcrochethaberdasherycrafts/cat_176910-DRESSMAKING-SEWING-HABERDASHERY.html

I often made my own custom graph paper for sewing and hobbies by using long rulers or a yard stick. just put your large pad of paper on the floor, make dots along the the sides and top at the measurement you need, then align the yardstick with the dots and make your lines, it's very quick and easy and CHEAP.

Hi Evo
Thanks for the site and idea about making my own graph.
One of my problems is that we are still renovating. Hence - Building site.
I do my sewing at a French social group and there we are stuck for space so, until further notice, I have to buy the paper.
cheers
Haz

1. What is graph paper and why is it necessary?

Graph paper is a type of paper that has a grid of horizontal and vertical lines, forming small squares. It is used for drawing graphs, diagrams, and charts, as well as for mathematical and scientific calculations. It is necessary because it provides a structured and organized format for data representation and calculations.

2. Where can I buy graph paper?

Graph paper can be purchased at most office supply stores, such as Staples, Office Depot, or online retailers like Amazon. It can also be found at some bookstores or specialized art supply stores.

3. What sizes and types of graph paper are available?

Graph paper comes in various sizes, including letter (8.5 x 11 inches), legal (8.5 x 14 inches), and tabloid (11 x 17 inches). It also comes in different types, such as standard squared, isometric, and polar coordinates. Some specialty graph paper may have larger or smaller squares, depending on the intended use.

4. Is it possible to print my own graph paper at home?

Yes, it is possible to print your own graph paper at home. There are many websites that offer printable graph paper templates in various sizes and types that can be downloaded and printed for free. You can also use spreadsheet programs like Microsoft Excel to create your own customized graph paper.

5. Can I use graph paper for other purposes besides mathematics and science?

Yes, graph paper can be used for various purposes, such as drawing, sketching, and designing. It can also be used for planning and organizing tasks, creating maps, and even playing games like Dots and Boxes. Its structured layout makes it useful for any activity that requires precision and measurement.