A new Method of Differentiation (PURE ALGEBRA), what do you think?

In summary, The conversation discusses a new method for finding the derivative of a third degree polynomial. The method is slightly more complicated than traditional Calculus methods and involves contacting math professors at prestigious universities. However, the benefit of this method over using the power rule is not clear and it appears to be more work.
riyadh144
I have discovered this new method. It is a little harder mechanics than normal Calculus, but it is still a new method which I searched that Internet and many other mathematics textbooks for it but I did find nothing. I want to contact a math Proff about this, I have tried to Contact Two Stanford Proffs and One Mit Proff, but they didn't answer. That is an Example to find the derivative of a third degree polynomial. http://imgur.com/8ScTv

Physics news on Phys.org
interesting :D
you'd expect it to give the slope because differentiating polynomials reduces the power
thanks

cocopops12 said:
interesting :D
you'd expect it to give the slope because differentiating polynomials reduces the power
thanks

It is a little bit more math than this but simply true

So... what is the benefit of this over using the power rule? Is there some theoretical underpinning which is not mentioned?

It looks like a back-to-front way of creating a Taylor series for the polynomial and then taking the derivative from that.

But it's a lot more work than the "standard" method IMO.

1. What is the pure algebra method of differentiation?

The pure algebra method of differentiation is a mathematical approach used to find the derivative of a function without using calculus. It involves using algebraic techniques such as the product rule, quotient rule, and chain rule to find the rate of change of a function at a given point.

2. How is the pure algebra method different from traditional methods of differentiation?

The pure algebra method is different from traditional methods of differentiation in that it does not use calculus or limits to find the derivative. Instead, it relies on algebraic manipulation of the function to find the derivative at a specific point.

3. What are the benefits of using the pure algebra method of differentiation?

The pure algebra method of differentiation can be beneficial for those who struggle with the complex concepts of calculus. It allows for a more intuitive understanding of differentiation and can be applied to a wider range of functions.

4. Are there any limitations to using the pure algebra method of differentiation?

While the pure algebra method of differentiation can be useful in certain situations, it is not a replacement for traditional methods of differentiation. It may not be applicable to more complex functions or situations where calculus techniques are necessary.

5. How can I learn more about the pure algebra method of differentiation?

There are various resources available online and in textbooks that explain the pure algebra method of differentiation in detail. It is recommended to have a solid understanding of algebraic concepts before attempting to learn this method of differentiation.