Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A PF SciFi story! One sentence at a time...

1. Dec 1, 2016 #1
    RULES
    1. Each post must add on to the previous post to continue the story.
    2. It must be one sentence long (no long wandering sentences).
    3. Contributions must be reasonable (no hijacks, trolling or humor designed to ruin story)
    4. Wait to contribute again after 1 other reply
    5. PG rated
    6. No commentary

I have set the first scene:
    The Reaper Empire's battleship has entered the atmosphere of Arcathia ready to strike. Meanwhile Johnathan Swift while exploring a cave outside his family's ranch is startled by the sudden glow of his right hand...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 1, 2016 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

and he spies a glowing hand-print on the cave wall to his left. A decision must be made to touch or not to touch that is the question.

4. Dec 1, 2016 #3
    Johnathan feels the rumble of the battleship nearing as he decides to touch the cave art with his glowing hand.

5. Dec 1, 2016 #4

Drakkith

His hand was inches away from the wall when the whine of a plasma pistol charging up made him freeze.

6. Dec 2, 2016 #5

Janus

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

He slowly turned towards the sound.

7. Dec 2, 2016 #6

Ryan_m_b

"Running to hide whilst the rest of us fight John?" Growled a man just out of Johnathan's vision. "Always knew you were a coward"

8. Dec 2, 2016 #7
    The man was Cato Swift, Johnathan's older brother who had been distant since their mother's suspicious passing.

9. Dec 2, 2016 #8

QuantumQuest

Gold Member

"No, I'm not running anywhere, Cato" Johnathan said, "just trying to figure out what is..."

10. Dec 2, 2016 #9
    Cato about to sneer at Johnathan caught a glimpse of his glowing hand

11. Dec 2, 2016 #10
    ''By the seven moons of Arcathia,'' screamed Cato,''you are one of them!''

12. Dec 2, 2016 #11

Ryan_m_b

Johnathan didn't know if what happened next was an accident or not, but as Cato jumped back the plasgun fired. At the last moment he rose his still glowing hand to shield his face.

13. Dec 2, 2016 #12
    "I am not one of them" Johnathan screamed. "I don't know why my hand glows like the Reapers, but something in the cave drawing may tell us. Help me brother!"

14. Dec 2, 2016 #13

QuantumQuest

Gold Member

"What are you talking about?" Cato screamed, "what cave drawing?"

15. Dec 2, 2016 #14
    Johnathan placed his hand on the cave wall and it lit up the drawings showing what appeared to be...

16. Dec 2, 2016 #15

QuantumQuest

Gold Member

"This is what I'm talking about" he said, "come here"

17. Dec 3, 2016 #16
    Cato's gazed with widening eyes at the cave wall as the drawing became more fine with detail each passing moment. His trembling open lips finally moved to speak "Brother, the mythical map to the ancient Lords of Ana'rath, our Blessed Ancestors!"

18. Dec 3, 2016 #17
    In the Reaper battleship, Hrak growls and points at the targeting scanner. "There!!"

19. Dec 3, 2016 #18

QuantumQuest

Gold Member

Zoltar looked at the scanner "Go out and get them!"

20. Dec 3, 2016 #19
    Hrak, the head Reaper commando steps into the transport shuttle and thinks "One more. Just one more and the mission to rule the universe is complete."

21. Dec 3, 2016 #20

ShayanJ

Gold Member

Zoltar, who knew Hrak since the beginning of the war, recognized the proud and hopeful smile on Hrak's face and whispered "its not that simple my naive friend. We've killed millions, lost millions, but what we've seen is like a breeze compared to the storm ahead."

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted