1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A pre-med student taking physics needs help!

1. May 14, 2010 #1
    I'll be taking an algebra based physics class next semester and I've been wondering a few things. The last trig class I've taken was in the fall semester of my senior year in high school and the last real MATH heavy class that I've taken, precalculus, was over a year and a half ago. Are there any mathematical concepts that I should brush up on before I start class in the fall?

2. jcsd
  3. May 14, 2010 #2
    Algebra based physics is quite simple. Some of the only things you really need to know (Maybe) is the quadratic formula. So just practice factoring, completing the square, quadratic formula. There isn't all that much to it.

Good luck

-F

4. May 14, 2010 #3
    Brush up on your algebra and trigonometry. Also, I don't know how much you know about vectors or even if your course will cover such a topic but I'd encourage you to prepare yourself for their presence. Do as much review as you can before the semester and you should be alright. Good luck.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook