1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B A Question About Parallel Universes...

1. Sep 19, 2015 #1
    Keep in mind this is completely a theoretical question... In the end I know nothing about physics. I just have a question.

If parallel universes exist, and two or more of them had the ability to travel time (If that were even possible at all. Doubtful.) could someone technically travel to this parallel universe and travel back to their universe at a past time and completely change things? What about the grandfather paradox? If you did go to a parallel universe, would it be possible to travel back to your universe? I know very little about this subject but I would like any input.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 19, 2015 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

Without a plausible theory for both parallel universes and time travel, this is pure speculation instead of actual physics, and we don't accept threads with pure speculation here.

4. Sep 19, 2015 #3

Nugatory

Staff: Mentor

They don't, which kind of takes the fun out of the rest of the question:oldfrown:

This sort of question is essentially equivalent to asking "What do the laws of physics as we understand them say would happen in a situation where the laws of physics cannot be applied?" There cannot be any sensible answer, so this thread us closed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook