1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A simple book on trigonometry?

1. Jul 5, 2011 #1
    First of all, sorry if I posted in the wrong category (it happened with the last topic I made, all this names are confusing :D ).

I made this topic because I don't know trigonometry. Just a few notions (like the formula of sin,cos,tan). But I also hate it a lot.
    And because learning is basically the thing you do when you learn stuff you didn't know, my trigo-phobia makes me really want to try to understand it (that and the fact that it is super useful).
    I don't want to be great at it, I only want to understand the basic concepts (and to find out what is pi doing in the formula for converting degrees into radians :D). I mean, I really want to understand it, not just memorize formulas.
    So can you guys help with some kindergarten(ish) trigonometry learning material?Anything from a book to some recorded courses would to the thing, I just want them explained the best way they can be, so that (hopefully) I don't get goose-bumps every time I open a Calculus book :D

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 5, 2011 #2

bcrowell

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook