A very unlikely theory of everything (I think)

In summary, A person in a forum shared a theory about the universe being a porous framework with extra dimensions causing the inflation of the universe and receiving energy from an alternative universe. They acknowledge that it may be complete nonsense and ask for criticism and help in understanding it. However, another person explains that it is not appropriate to post theories in the forum and questions the possibility of a universe forming in this way.
shodan
Hi all.

Last night while trying to explain how the world looks at the Quantum level I found myself stumbling upon a theory!

Before I continue you must understand I have never studied physics nor am I a mathematician.

Here goes:

Imagine spacetime as a porous framework, the pores being extra dimensions. The inflation of the Universe is caused by Energy moving into spacetime via the extra dimensions.
The Big Bang is opposite of a black hole so that our Universe is receiving energy from an alternative Universe, but as Quantum Field Theory suggests everything is actually a single point, and that spacetime is an illusion could explain how the energy a Black hole takes can be pushed into our universe via the 'pores' (extra dimesions) that permeate spacetime.

It's probably complete nonsense, but I'd like to know why it is! :-D I can imagine it very clearly but explaining is very difficult.

Is this something that's worth pursuing? Anyone fancy helping me?

lol

Let the severe criticism commence!

Ben Booth

Physics news on Phys.org
I understand that you may think this is the most suitable place to discuss and interact with various people interested in physics about your perspective and propositions but stated clearly in the Forum Rules; it is unacceptable to post one's theories in this sub-forum. And by analyzing your theory it doesn't appear possible for a Universe to evolve or form at an early stage.

Last edited:

1. What is the "very unlikely theory of everything"?

The "very unlikely theory of everything" is a hypothetical scientific concept that attempts to explain all physical phenomena in the universe, including the fundamental forces of nature, the laws of physics, and the origins of the universe itself.

2. How is this theory different from other theories of everything?

This theory is different from other theories of everything because it proposes unconventional explanations for many scientific principles and challenges widely accepted ideas in the field of physics. It also takes into account the role of consciousness and human perception in shaping our understanding of the universe.

3. Is there any evidence to support this theory?

At this point, there is no concrete evidence to support this theory. It is still a highly speculative concept and is not widely accepted in the scientific community. However, the beauty of science is that new evidence and discoveries can always challenge our current understanding and open up new possibilities.

4. How does this theory relate to the search for a "theory of everything" in physics?

The search for a "theory of everything" in physics is an ongoing effort to find a single framework that can unify all the fundamental forces and laws of nature. This theory presents a unique perspective on this quest, proposing unconventional ideas and challenging traditional approaches in the field.

5. What impact could this theory have on our understanding of the universe?

If this theory were to gain more support and evidence, it could have a significant impact on our understanding of the universe. It could potentially revolutionize our current understanding of physics and lead to new discoveries and advancements in science and technology.