1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Academic guidanceconfused (want to get a phd in physics )

  1. Apr 1, 2015 #1
    I had completed my b, tech and m.tech in EE in india and out of my own interest I had applied to git admitted in one of the u.s universities for studying m.s in physics . Due to some family issues I had faced a very tough time and failed in one of the subject and funally suspended from the school , Now I came back india as I thought I need some time to settle the things , Now I am completely confused and struck here . I just want to get a phd in physics and want to become a particle physicist. Could anyone help me by some information like whether I need to go back to masters or directly phd?? In u.s or any other country?? What should I do to get admission for phd degree??

  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 1, 2015 #2


    Staff: Mentor

    Could you instead get a PhD in EE and perhaps transition to experimental particle physics using your EE background?
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook