Actions of subatomic particles while under observation

Summary:
excuse me if i get diffrent terminologies confused with others that are not correct. I am not a physicist, nor student. i am just intrigued by the notion of things out of our current boundaries of perceptions as human beings without the help of tools.
Hi my name is tim. I have a new found like of the inner workings of or universe , and am currently considering which field i should go into.

As of now im considering computer science. But to me, in my opinion, we as in humans created computers, therefore the science is technically already in a sense there,, already. Im more intersetsed in those actualities we didnt create.

My question is... The spectacular experience observed when observing particles on the quantom level, as in things appearing as waves until observed amuses me. There seems to be some form of "slight" intellegience happining at the sub atomic level. Not saying it cant talk or interact on a sentience level. But perhaps it reacts through diffrent properties confined in a certain criterion, not yet discovered perhaps not currently perceivable due to current technology abilities etc.

The is completetly theoretical and i would love to have sum feedback about this phenomena of displacement.. Please elaborate, and please correct me where im wrong. Im not here to show anyone up or anything. Im only here for knowledge, and seeing how i have no friends that are physicist, i would love to hear from those that are.Tthank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

Drakkith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
There seems to be some form of "slight" intellegience happining at the sub atomic level.

I don't agree. Objects interact through a set of laws that don't change, and just because the laws are strange or non-intuitive doesn't mean that there is some sort of intelligence behind them.

PeroK
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
2020 Award
There seems to be some form of "slight" intellegience happining at the sub atomic level.
If the electron could speak we would not understand it!

• Haha
Likes DifferentialGalois and vanhees71
Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
I think you are seeing signs of intelligence that just isn't there. It's like a thermos. How does it know to keep hot things hot and cold things cold? How does it know?

• Haha
Likes vanhees71 and etotheipi
DrClaude
Mentor
How does it know to keep hot things hot and cold things cold?
Like the McDLT?

Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
But if I switch sides in a McDLT carton, it still works! How does it know?

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I think you are seeing signs of intelligence that just isn't there. It's like a thermos. How does it know to keep hot things hot and cold things cold? How does it know?
Thermoconsciousness? Interpretive physics?
If the electron could speak we would not understand it!
Are you pulling his string?