Air Propulsion Project: Designing a 200lb Wheeled Vehicle with Ducted Fan Power

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
chrislandan
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
For a project I am looking into the possibility for a wheeled vehicle to be powered by a ducted fan. At this stage in my process I am only certain that the vehicle will weigh about 200 pounds and will be powered by a 2 horsepower motor at 2000 rpm and operate on low friction surfaces. I am looking for the vehicle to move around 15 ft/s. If anyone could help me with calculations that could justify the feasibility of such a vehicle would be greatly appreciated. To give you an idea of my educational background i am currently in college for engineering with no coursework in aerodynamics.
Thank you.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I have an idea that will work in theory...but i can't release details other than the fact that the vehicle will essentially run on air...yes, air.