Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Alerts: "bug" or "feature"?

1. Aug 14, 2016 #1

OmCheeto

Gold Member
    2016 Award

This morning, I received 3 alerts:

pf.alert.lag.png

Do "alerts" in General Discussion only show up on Sundays, or is someone trying to:

a. make me look bad by missing the voting deadline: "Ohhh.... Om can submit a photo, but he's too snobbish to vote for anyone. Jerk....."
    b. make me miss the deadline for submitting my most awesome of prize winning photos

?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 14, 2016 #2

1oldman2

Gold Member

Re-reading Catch-22 usually helps make sense of situations such as this. :smile:

4. Aug 14, 2016 #3

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

Do you watch the archive as well? The threads got moved, you might have gotten an alert for that action (and one a week ago when the threads got started). Yes it says "started" although it got moved.

Don't worry, you won the waterfront vote by the most one-sided voting result I have seen so far.

5. Aug 14, 2016 #4

OmCheeto

Gold Member
    2016 Award

My Armenian co-worker told me one day, that I should read Heller's "Something Happened".
    I'm assuming that at that moment, we both connected with "Catch-22".
    Unfortunately, I didn't start reading it until after I had retired, and had to stop reading it, as it brought back too many bad memories.

6. Aug 14, 2016 #5

OmCheeto

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Ummm.....

I.hate.germans.......png

I guess I am.

Ok then. That explains it.

ps. Have I ever mentioned my hatred for people from Germany?

That's why I'm so upset!

pps. It was much prettier in person. All I'd ever heard about the place was; "eeeew! the water is such a pretty blue!"
    pffft! The variations of color in the rocks had me wishing I'd been a geologist my entire life.

ppps. Also, my sister-in-law married some Americanized guy born in Frankfurt, and she taught me some sign language a few years ago; "B4".
    So, in the future, if I've asked these types of questions, before, just give me a sign. I will understand.

7. Aug 14, 2016 #6

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

I tried, but I don't know sign language, sorry.

8. Aug 14, 2016 #7

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted