Defining Multiplication on Infinite Tensor Product Spaces

• Thread starter Canavar
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Algebra
In summary, the conversation is discussing the isomorphism between the algebras L(\bigotimes_{i=0}^\infty V_i) and \bigotimes_{i=1}^\infty \; \L (V_i). The question is how the multiplication is defined on \bigotimes_{i=1}^\infty \; \L (V_i), and if there is a way to construct an isomorphism between the two algebras. The proposed isomorphism \phi is not proven to be valid and the person is asking for help in finding a way to construct an isomorphism, possibly using the universal property of the tensor product.
Canavar
Hello,

I want to show that the Algebras [tex]L(\bigotimes_{i=0}^\infty V_i)\; and\; \bigotimes_{i=1}^\infty \; \L (V_i)[/tex]
are isomorphic!

But for this i need to know the algebra-structure on [tex]\bigotimes_{i=1}^\infty \; \L (V_i)[/tex].

How the multiplication is defined on this space?

Regards

Physics news on Phys.org
Canavar said:
But for this i need to know the algebra-structure on [tex]\bigotimes_{i=1}^\infty \; \L (V_i)[/tex].

How the multiplication is defined on this space?

Multiplication is defined component-wise.

Ok, thank you!

Do you know, how i can construct a isomorphism?

Is this a Isomorphism:

[tex]\phi: \bigotimes_{i=1}^\infty L(V_i) \rightarrow L(\bigotimes_{i=1}^\infty V_i)[/tex], defined by [tex]x=\bigotimes_{i=1}^\infty (f_i) \to \phi(x): \bigotimes_{i=1}^\infty V_i \to \mathbb{K}, \otimes e_i \to \pi (f_i (e_i))[/tex]

i.e. each elm. is send to the product of the [tex]f_i(e_i)[/tex]

i couldn't show that this is an isomorphism. Therefore i think it is not one. Have you an idea how i can construct an isomorphism. Perhaps by using the universal property of the tensorprodukt?

Regrads

Last edited:
Can nobody help me?:-(
It would be very nice, if someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

What is Algebra Multiplikation?

Algebra Multiplikation is a mathematical operation that involves multiplying two or more algebraic expressions together. It is used to simplify and solve algebraic equations.

How is Algebra Multiplikation different from regular multiplication?

Algebra Multiplikation involves multiplying variables and constants together, while regular multiplication involves multiplying only numbers. In Algebra Multiplikation, the variables represent unknown quantities, and the goal is often to solve for their values.

What are the basic rules of Algebra Multiplikation?

The basic rules of Algebra Multiplikation include the distributive property, which states that a(b+c) = ab + ac, and the associative and commutative properties, which state that (ab)c = a(bc) and ab = ba, respectively.

Can Algebra Multiplikation be applied to real-life situations?

Yes, Algebra Multiplikation can be applied to real-life situations such as calculating the total cost of items with different prices or determining the area of a rectangle with known dimensions.

How can I improve my skills in Algebra Multiplikation?

To improve your skills in Algebra Multiplikation, you can practice solving various algebraic equations, familiarize yourself with the basic rules and properties, and seek help from a teacher or tutor if needed.