1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I All-fiber Mach-Zehnder interferometer

1. Dec 16, 2017 #1
    Experimentalists, would you mind sharing your experience building a fiber-based Mach-Zehnder interferometer? What equipment did you use? How hard is it to achieve the same length of both arms with the fiber and couplers that you can buy online? And how sensitive is the resulting interferometer to vibrations, temperature changes, etc.?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 18, 2017 #2

Charles Link

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I do have one input that you might find useful, basically about interferometry, including the use of Fresnel coefficients in interferometry, that you might find useful. About a year ago, I wrote an Insights article for Physics Forums which discusses the fundamentals of interferometry: https://www.physicsforums.com/insights/fabry-perot-michelson-interferometry-fundamental-approach/ ## \\ ## As for the case of an interferometer that uses fiber optic components, I don't have any experience with that particular application.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted