1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

All of the physics classes I will be taking for undergrad what do you think.

1. Nov 22, 2011 #1
    Spring 2012
    Freshmen E@M

Fall 2012
    Waves, Optic and Thermo
    Modern Physics

Spring 2013
    Quantum Waves
    Anayltical mechanics

Fall 2013
    Junior E@M semester 1
    Junior Quantum semester 1

Spring 2014
    Junior E@M Semester 2
    Junior Quantum semester 2
    Reading in Particle Physics

Fall 2015
    Introduction General relativity
    Senior research

Spring 2015
    Cosmology
    Stat Mechanics/Thermodynamics
    Senior research

What do you think? These are all of the physics classes I plan to take as an undergraduate.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 22, 2011 #2
    Oh and my E@M and Wave,Optic,Thermo class has lab.

4. Nov 22, 2011 #3
    Why no comments.

5. Nov 23, 2011 #4
    It is likely people haven't responded because your post is quite ambiguous: "what do you think?"

Try defining more clearly what your question is here. And it might help if you post all your courses in a given semester instead of just the physics courses.

6. Nov 23, 2011 #5
    Am I taking the right classes for a physics major? Am I taking to little to much, am I lacking in something? Stuff like that.

7. Nov 23, 2011 #6
    isnt this your prescribed coursework verbatim from the school website?

8. Nov 23, 2011 #7
    Some of it is, but the relativity, particle physics, and cosmology are not.

9. Nov 23, 2011 #8
    What is the description for quantum waves?

10. Nov 23, 2011 #9
    Classical and Quantum Waves
    PHYS-UA 105 Prerequisite: PHYS-UA 95. Physics majors must also register for PHYS-UA 107. Lecture and recitation. Offered in the spring. 3 points.
    Introduction to the physics of classical and quantum waves for students who have had at least one year of college physics and three semesters of calculus or intensive calculus. Topics include linear and nonlinear oscillators, resonance, coupled oscillators, normal modes, mechanical waves, light, matter waves, Fourier analysis, Fourier optics (diffraction), and an introduction to numerical (computer) methods for solving differential equations.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook