Alternative video analysis software for tracker

In summary, alternative video analysis software for tracker is available for users looking for a more comprehensive and customizable tracking experience. These programs offer advanced features such as multi-camera tracking, automated object detection, and data exporting options. Some popular options include Kinovea, Longomatch, and SportsCode, each with their own unique capabilities and user-friendly interfaces. Overall, these alternatives provide users with a wider range of tools and techniques for analyzing video footage and extracting valuable data.
VVS2000
Hello, I wanted to know some software used for plotting the positions of a point mass. I did an oscillation experiment and I used the tracker app, but I cannot get it to track my point mass
Please mention if any alternative software exists for carrying out my experiment.
Thanks in advance

Computer science news on Phys.org
https://tracker.physlets.org/ is great, free, and open source.
I especially like that one can teach it to recognize a feature to track automatically.
It can then be analyzed in the software.

What specifically is your problem with using it?

• Informative
Likes berkeman
robphy said:
https://tracker.physlets.org/ is great, free, and open source.
I especially like that one can teach it to recognize a feature to track automatically.
It can then be analyzed in the software.

What specifically is your problem with using it?
I could not get the autotracking feature to work. I had done all the prep required. The object I want to track and the background are very much distinguished in terms of colour. Luminosity is not an issue. I guess I am not able to get it right with the settings such as tethering and evolution.

Can you post a short sample of the video?

robphy said:
Ok sure, I will post

robphy said:
I am trying to autotrack the pink spot on the top oscillating bar, but It's not able to recognize the next frame

Can Anyone help me for using tracker for zebrafish movement analysis?

Khadiza said:
Can Anyone help me for using tracker for zebrafish movement analysis?
Paging @BillTre

BillTre said:
There is a company that makes equipment to visually track zebrafish (and other things) in 3D.
Thank you. Yes, I know about this. But our school can not be able to provide this now. So now I am performing touch evoke assay which is simple and can be formed and analyzed manually with tracker or ImageJ software. for that, I need someone's help tracking through any of this software.

Likes BillTre
There may be some user groups for ImageJ. Lots of researchers use it and might be sharing their methods.

BillTre said:
There may be some user groups for ImageJ. Lots of researchers use it and might be sharing their methods.
Can you suggest to me how can I find it?

I would guess at an ImageJ website or a physiologist group of researchers that use that program.
If you go to meetings where these people hang out go talk with them.
Maybe google ImageJ user group.

Likes berkeman and Khadiza
BillTre said:
I would guess at an ImageJ website or a physiologist group of researchers that use that program.
If you go to meetings where these people hang out go talk with them.
Maybe google ImageJ user group.
Thank you so much

Likes berkeman and BillTre

1. What is alternative video analysis software for tracker?

Alternative video analysis software for tracker is a type of software that allows scientists to analyze videos and extract data from them. It is used in various fields such as physics, biology, and sports science to track the movement of objects, animals, or humans.

2. How is it different from traditional video analysis software?

Traditional video analysis software is often expensive and complex, requiring specialized equipment and training. Alternative video analysis software, on the other hand, is often open-source and free, making it accessible to a wider range of users. It also tends to have a more user-friendly interface and can be run on standard computers without the need for expensive hardware.

3. What are some popular alternative video analysis software for tracker?

Some popular alternative video analysis software for tracker include Tracker, Kinovea, and SportsCode. These software have similar features to traditional video analysis software and are widely used by scientists and researchers.

4. What are the advantages of using alternative video analysis software for tracker?

Using alternative video analysis software for tracker has several advantages. It is often more affordable, user-friendly, and can be used on standard computers. It also allows for more customization and flexibility in data analysis, as well as the ability to integrate with other software and tools.

5. Are there any limitations to using alternative video analysis software for tracker?

While alternative video analysis software for tracker has many benefits, it also has some limitations. It may not have all the advanced features and capabilities of traditional software, and may not be suitable for more complex analyses. It also relies on the quality of the video footage, so low-quality videos may result in less accurate data.