An infinite sequence of independent trails is to be performed

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
TomJerry
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Question :
An infinite sequence of independent trails is to be performed . Each trails resulting in a success with probability p and failure with probability 1-p . What is the probability that
i) atleast 1 success occurs in the first n trails ;
ii) exactly k success occur in the first n trails;
ii) all trails result in a success;
Solution
I am using Binomial distribution.

i) I will find the P(X of getting 0 success)
Then P(X>= 1) = 1 - P(X of getting 0 success) [IS THIS CORRECT]

ii) For the 2nd P(X=k) in binomial [AM I CORRECT]

iii) DOnt know how to do this one :confused:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi TomJerry! :smile:

i) yes :smile:

ii) yes, but perhaps you'd better write it in full, so we're sure you know what that means? :wink:

iii) erm :redface: … isn't that just ii) with k = n ? :biggrin: