1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

An optical system creation

1. Feb 22, 2017 #1
    Hi guys,
    I have one question or maybe some questions about creation an optical system. I have a drawing of the system (see below) where are placed 2 right angle prisms. The aim of this is to reflect image from "A" to "B". I suppose that I will need to add some lenses to do it right without optical errors, but I don't know where they should be placed and what kind of lenses should I use.

Does someone help me solve this? Thx.

icn0xz.png

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 22, 2017 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

What is the overall system for? How will it be used?

4. Feb 22, 2017 #3
    It should be used like a corner view for camera. So it will be placed other optical system in point "A". Therefore I suppose that my system is missing some simply solution.

5. Feb 22, 2017 #4

berkeman

It sounds like your camera will have all of the focusing optics you will need. Have you tried doing this with just mirrors? Is this for schoolwork, BTW?

6. Feb 22, 2017 #5
    Yes, you are right. Camera is equipped with autofocus, but I'm little bit concerned if some optics errors will not appeared and the picture will be clear without some black frame or something like this. I know that the finally image will be horizontally flipped, but it's okay. Yes, it is. It's a semestral practice work.

7. Feb 22, 2017 #6

berkeman

Are you familiar with First Surface Mirrors? Just use FSMs and make them large enough so that your camera doesn't see their edges...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted