And in comes the money

• News
  • Thread starter Adam
  • Start date
Alias
Originally posted by Zero
LOL...we prefer the word 'butt' if you don't mind.

You are really lacking in any sort of perspective, it is readily apparent.
Now think about that statement. It is patently false on its face. Everyone has a 'perspective'.

Do you just talk because it makes you feel important?

Oh, and hey, hero, when do you ship out for the gulf?
If you'll re-read my post in order to understand it, you will see that I never suggested that I would be shipping out. FYI, I performed my service to my country with five years of active duty and three years of reserve.

I suppose you served yours with complaining and protests?

Zero
Originally posted by kat
Yeah, OOOOOOKAY..that must be why Haliburton has oil extraction contracts with North Korea...Haliburton always signs Oil extraction contracts with countries that have no oil! What a world this is eh?
puleeeeesseeee do a little research people
LOL, so Cheney's cronies have there fingers in every pot...nothing new there. He pushed for the sanctions to be lifted so he could make a bck, after all.

American companies have no problems with dealing with dictatorships.

les
Kat, you're right. My mistake for not getting the facts right about the oil part...

Alias
Originally posted by les
Ahh...I see. So this war is being fought because the powers that be figured the casualty count would be more acceptable. Damn! And I almost believed Bush when he said it's about evil Saddam and his dangerous weapons of mass destruction.
What rules of logic allow you to draw that conclusion? Zero's maybe?

les
Originally posted by Alias
What rules of logic allow you to draw that conclusion? Zero's maybe?
Why Alias, I was just following your argument. You're the one that brought up the issue of stomaching 50 casualties against 250,000 casualties...

Alias
Gimme a break!

I see your lips moving but your not saying anything. Another trick learned from Zero?

les
while my fellow countrymen, and many of yours, bravely sacrifice their lives defending your freedoms, and your peace.[/B]
If we ask them not to, will they promise to stop?

Zero
Alias, I'm starting to think you have a crush on me...sorry, boss, I'm taken!

les
Gimme a break!

I see your lips moving but your not saying anything. Another trick learned from Zero?
I see you typing but it's still back to Zero. Why, you have some sort of repressed fixation with this Zero person?

Alias

Why don't you go hide under your beds, while my fellow countrymen, and many of yours, bravely sacrifice their lives defending your freedoms, and your peace.
None of them are protecting my freedom. Iraq has not attacked Australia. Nor has Iraq attacked the USA.

Alias
You got me!

I'm smitten, what can I say!

Zero
A little humor to break the tension...now let's get back to arguing!

Alias

I apologise for calling you a moron. A more accurate and polite term would have been "blind patriot".

Zero

Originally posted by Adam
I apologise for calling you a moron. A more accurate and polite term would have been "blind patriot".
"strident" might be better than "blind"...he means well, but I think his enthusiasm takes away perspective. I happen tothink all politics is mostly lies, personally. Follow the money...

Alias
Quite often it is 'all about money', but I'm not so sure that's completely amoral. 10,000 years ago we might have said, "Yeah, it's all about food."

Zero
On the other hand, how can we claim to know facts or motivations about anything, when there is so much money involved?