1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Angle bisectors of a quadrilateral

1. Aug 4, 2011 #1
    What are the conditions to have such that the angle bisectors of a quadrilateral meet at a single point?

Btw, should I put this in the (Topology and) Geometry forums, or is it for more advanced geometry?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 4, 2011 #2

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

hi dalcde! :smile:

hmm … angle bisectors :rolleyes:

hint: perpendiculars? :wink:

4. Aug 4, 2011 #3
    The perpendiculars are equal?

Actually that's what I was starting with. You can put a circle around a quadrilateral (enclosing the quadrilateral inside) if and only if opposite angles of the quadrilateral are supplementary. I wanted to know under what conditions will it be possible to put a circle inside that is tangent to all of the side. (analogous to the incenter of a triangle) If having equal perpendiculars is what you meant, I would be going in circles, unless you have some ways to determine if you can put a circle inside, which would be really appreciated.

5. Aug 4, 2011 #4
    Anyway, I've found the answer - Pitot Theorem. Thanks anyway.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook