1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Angular acceleration and velocities - verification of work

1. Nov 10, 2011 #1
    Good day to all.

I have worked out a problem concerning angular acceleration and velocities but I am not sure if what I have done is correct. I have attached all the worked out problem as a pdf as I wanted it to be as clear and concise as possible, especially when someone is taking time from their schedule to answer my question. I hope the question and solutions provided are clear.

Again, once again any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 11, 2011 #2

BruceW

Homework Helper

all your answers look good to me. And your reasoning for part g) looks good as well.

The question for part e) is hard to understand, because after 7 seconds, there is no tangential acceleration. And before 7 seconds, there is tangential acceleration. It asks about the total acceleration at 7 seconds, so it is not obvious if we are to assume that there is (or isn't) any tangential acceleration. You see what I mean?

Part g) is a bit complicated as well. I'm guessing that thing is simply attaching wheels 2 and 3, so that wheel 3 will move in circular motion around the centre of wheel 2. And the question asks for vertical motion, so you're probably going to need to figure out circular motion then work out vertical motion.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook