Mass, acceleration and velocity

In summary, force, momentum, angular momentum, kinetic energy, and potential energy are all linked to mass, acceleration, and velocity. Force is the push or pull on an object, momentum is the product of mass and velocity, angular momentum is the amount of rotation of a body, kinetic energy is the energy an object has due to its motion, and potential energy is the stored energy based on the position of different parts of a system. Mass is the fundamental property of matter, acceleration is the rate at which velocity changes with time, and velocity is the rate of change in an object's position. The relationship between these factors and energy is complex and not fully understood, but it is clear that they are all connected in some way. For example
rcetinkaya
Homework Statement
Describe how force, momentum, Angular momentum, kinetic and potential energy are linked with respect to mass, acceleration and velocity
Relevant Equations
N/A
Good Evening All,

I have an assignment i am struggling with really hope you can help.

The question reads Describe how force, momentum, Angular momentum, kinetic and potential energy are linked with respect to mass, acceleration and velocity

I know the following
Force – the push or pull upon an object
Momentum – IS the product of the mass of a particle and its velocity
Angular Momentum – Is the amount of rotation of a body which is the product of inertia and its angular velocity
Kinetic Energy - Is a type of energy that an object or particle has by reason of its motion
Potential Energy - Stored energy that depends upon the relative position of various parts of a system

Mass – Is the fundamental property of all matter
Acceleration- Is the rate at which velocity changes with time, in terms of both speed and direction
Velocity - is the rate at which an object changes its position

But i have no idea how they are all linked i am struggling to find any resources clearly explaining it.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
For example:
rcetinkaya said:
Kinetic Energy - Is a type of energy that an object or particle has by reason of its motion
How does mass affect the object's kinetic energy? What would, say, doubling the mass have on its kinetic energy?

rcetinkaya said:
Momentum – IS the product of the mass of a particle and its velocity

But i have no idea how they are all linked i am struggling to find any resources clearly explaining it.
That's the answer for momentum! Yes?

What about the others? Potential energy is a strange one, I think.

PeroK said:
Potential energy is a strange one, I think.
Gradient?

1. What is the difference between mass and weight?

Mass refers to the amount of matter in an object, while weight is a measure of the force exerted on an object by gravity. Mass is measured in kilograms (kg), while weight is measured in Newtons (N).

2. What is acceleration?

Acceleration is the rate of change of velocity over time. It is a vector quantity, meaning it has both magnitude and direction. The SI unit for acceleration is meters per second squared (m/s²).

3. How is velocity different from speed?

Velocity is a vector quantity that describes the rate of change of an object's position in a specific direction, while speed is a scalar quantity that only describes how fast an object is moving regardless of direction.

4. What is the relationship between mass, acceleration and force?

According to Newton's second law of motion, the acceleration of an object is directly proportional to the net force acting on it and inversely proportional to its mass. This can be expressed as the equation F=ma, where F is force, m is mass and a is acceleration.

5. How do mass, acceleration, and velocity affect an object's momentum?

Momentum is the product of an object's mass and velocity. An object with greater mass or velocity will have a greater momentum. Additionally, if an object experiences a change in velocity (i.e. acceleration), its momentum will also change.