ANSYS APDL/Workbench Optimisation

In summary, the speakers discuss an upcoming university coursework where they have to optimize the mass/volume of a bike frame using cross-sectional area and tube thickness of cylindrical tubing. One speaker is familiar with using ANSYS workbench for this process but is required to use APDL for the coursework. They ask if there is a tutorial for optimizing a model in APDL or if there is a way to import a model from APDL to workbench. Another speaker expresses interest in finding a solution for the optimization issue with APDL.
Wezzler
I have a university coursework where I have to optimise the mass/volume of a bike frame using the cross-sectional area & tube thickness of the cylindrical tubing. I'm fairly competent in doing this process in ANSYS workbench (at least I'd like to think I am!).
If I had the choice, I would use workbench for this analysis but I'm required to use APDL for the coursework. If there is a tutorial for how to optimise a model in APDL, it would be much appreciated if someone could send it my way! Otherwise, is there some way I can import a model (geometry, loads, boundary conditions, results etc) from APDL to workbench?

Engineering news on Phys.org
hi,
did u find a solution for optimization issue with apdl?? i m also having the same question

1. What is ANSYS APDL/Workbench Optimisation?

ANSYS APDL/Workbench Optimisation is a feature within the ANSYS computer-aided engineering software that allows engineers and scientists to optimize the design of a product or system. It uses mathematical algorithms to find the best design solution based on user-defined objectives, constraints, and parameters.

2. How does ANSYS APDL/Workbench Optimisation work?

ANSYS APDL/Workbench Optimisation works by creating a virtual model of the product or system and then applying mathematical optimization techniques to find the best design solution. This is done by varying the input parameters and evaluating the output based on the defined objectives and constraints.

3. What are some benefits of using ANSYS APDL/Workbench Optimisation?

ANSYS APDL/Workbench Optimisation offers several benefits, including reducing the time and cost of product development, improving product performance and efficiency, and providing a better understanding of how different design parameters affect the final product. It also allows for faster and more accurate design iterations to achieve the desired outcome.

4. Can ANSYS APDL/Workbench Optimisation be used for all types of products or systems?

ANSYS APDL/Workbench Optimisation can be used for a wide range of products and systems in various industries, including automotive, aerospace, and electronics. It is especially useful for complex designs where traditional trial-and-error methods may be time-consuming and costly.

5. Is ANSYS APDL/Workbench Optimisation suitable for beginners?

While ANSYS APDL/Workbench Optimisation may seem complex, it can be used by both beginners and experienced users. ANSYS provides a user-friendly interface and comprehensive tutorials to guide users through the optimization process. Additionally, there are online resources and support available to help users get started with ANSYS APDL/Workbench Optimisation.