Any good chemistry simulators?

• Thread starter stephenkohnle53
  • Start date
stephenkohnle53

Main Question or Discussion Point

I am looking for a free chemistry simulator that allows me to see generally what would happen under certain chemical reactions. I would like it to be relatively simple since I do not know much about chemistry. Any ideas?
Btw its for personal use so it does not need to be very accurate. I am not gonna make reactions in real life based off the simulator, I just want to be able to see what would happen and be able to toy with it.

Answers and Replies

TeethWhitener
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Likes HAYAO
berkeman
Mentor
I am looking for a free chemistry simulator that allows me to see generally what would happen under certain chemical reactions. I would like it to be relatively simple since I do not know much about chemistry. Any ideas?
Btw its for personal use so it does not need to be very accurate. I am not gonna make reactions in real life based off the simulator, I just want to be able to see what would happen and be able to toy with it.
You might check out the Chembuddy software that @Borek has in his footer. I don't think there is a free version, but it looks like there is a 30-day free trial so you can see what good software can do for you (versus the free packages). :smile:

Borek
Mentor
I wouldn't count my programs as simulators, but yes - you can check them :wink: