Any way to resubscribe to threads that I've posted in?

• Thread starter tahayassen
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses how the person unsubscribed from all their subscribed threads due to receiving too many emails. They then suggest changing their email to a fake one, but are warned against it. The conversation also mentions ways to resubscribe, such as using the search feature or changing the subscription type to not receive emails. Additionally, there is an option in "thread tools" to subscribe to a specific thread.
tahayassen
I recently unsubscribed to all my subscribed threads because I was getting tired of the emails. I then realized that I can change my email to a fake one. Any way to resubscribe to threads that I've posted in?

Physics news on Phys.org
post again in the ones you're interested in. just say "resubscribing" or "posting to resubscribe to this thread".

you can use the search feature to find your threads using your PF userid

You can change the subscription type - subscribe without getting emails.
This can be found in your https://www.physicsforums.com/profile.php?do=editoptions : "Default Thread Subscription Mode" -> "No email notification"

post again in the ones you're interested in. just say "resubscribing" or "posting to resubscribe to this thread".
Please don't do that. In "thread tools", there is an option "subscribe to this thread".

-> https://www.physicsforums.com/search.php?do=process&searchuser=tahayassen&showposts=0

Last edited by a moderator:
tahayassen said:
I recently unsubscribed to all my subscribed threads because I was getting tired of the emails. I then realized that I can change my email to a fake one. Any way to resubscribe to threads that I've posted in?

Don't change your email to a fake one. You will use access to PF that way since the system will block your account until you confirmed your email.

mfb said:
You can change the subscription type - subscribe without getting emails.

Please don't do that. In "thread tools", there is an option "subscribe to this thread".

Thanks for the tip, I looked but couldn't find it and figured it wasn't available.

I see why now, when you're in a thread you've subscribed to, then that option doesn't appear instead it shows unsubscribe.

1. Can I resubscribe to threads that I've previously posted in?

Yes, most forums and discussion boards have an option to subscribe to threads, even if you have already posted in them. This allows you to receive notifications of new comments or updates to the thread.

2. How do I resubscribe to a thread?

The process may vary depending on the forum or platform, but typically there will be an option to subscribe to the thread either at the top or bottom of the page, or within the thread itself. Look for a button or link that says "Subscribe" or "Follow" and click on it to resubscribe.

3. Can I resubscribe to multiple threads at once?

This also depends on the forum or platform, but many have the option to subscribe to multiple threads at once. Look for a checkbox next to each thread or a "Select All" option to choose which threads you want to resubscribe to.

4. Do I have to resubscribe to a thread every time I want to receive notifications?

No, once you have subscribed to a thread, you will continue to receive notifications until you manually unsubscribe or disable notifications for that thread.

5. Is resubscribing to threads necessary?

It is not necessary, but it can be a helpful way to stay updated on discussions or topics that you are interested in. It can also save you time from constantly checking for new comments or updates on the thread.