Icon identifying which treads i've posted in

• Thread starter Matterwave
  • Start date
In summary: not having the mini avatar. Or maybe you did and just didn't answer?I guess you didn't read my comment about older threads (below the pics) not having the mini avatar. Or maybe you did and just didn't answer?I didn't read your comment, sorry. I was just wondering if the same rule applied to older threads as it does to new threads?I didn't read your comment, sorry. I was just wondering if the same rule applied to older threads as it does to new threads?Yes, it does. Older threads are just as valid as new threads.Yes, it does.
Matterwave
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Is this icon now gone with this new version? I like to know which treads I've contributed into see if the OP has follow up questions, etc. It makes things a lot easier for me.

Physics news on Phys.org
I Agree. Strongly. I saw my icon in one thread that I had posted in but not in others

Greg Bernhardt said:
The eyes in the middle column show which threads you are watching

But I am not watching any threads. It's just convenient to know which threads I posted in? I don't see any eyes...o.o

Greg Bernhardt said:
The eyes in the middle column show which threads you are watching

Hm .. then how come I saw my icon, in smaller size, in side the icon on the left of the thread? That's what I had expected to see and I DID see it once. Maybe I'm going senile?

Anyway, thanks for the eye. I'll look for that instead.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Matterwave said:
But I am not watching any threads. It's just convenient to know which threads I posted in? I don't see any eyes...o.o
Make sure the watch checkbox is clicked. The specific feature you are requesting I don't believe exists any longer

edit: read the post below

phinds said:
Hm .. then how come I saw my icon, in smaller size, in side the icon on the left of the thread? That's what I had expected to see and I DID see it once. Maybe I'm going senile?

Anyway, thanks for the eye. I'll look for that instead.
ah yes yes, that is it! on the left, you'll have a mini avatar that shows you which threads you've participated in

Greg Bernhardt said:
Make sure the watch checkbox is clicked. The specific feature you are requesting I don't believe exists any longer

T_T So now I have to watch every thread I would like to reply to in the future. That icon was such a convenient feature!

Matterwave said:
T_T So now I have to watch every thread I would like to reply to in the future. That icon was such a convenient feature!
read my post above

Greg Bernhardt said:
read my post above

It seems to only be the threads I've posted in since the update get this mini avatar? I don't see this mini avatar for any of the older threads.

Matterwave said:
It seems to only be the threads I've posted in since the update get this mini avatar? I don't see this mini avatar for any of the older threads.
That could be so

Greg Bernhardt said:
That could be so
Well, that'll work. :)

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Greg Bernhardt said:
nice avatar btw!

Thank you. In fact, I made a thread about it just now since it seems to be turning fuzzy upon uploading to PF's servers. The thread is right below this one.

OK, you poisonous tree frog you, let's get some consistency here. I'm happy to see I'm not going senile after all. :p
?temp_hash=2c48a4fc6302b5f26f8f80a26b7df350.jpg

So old threads just don't look as pretty as new theads. What do you have against old threads? :(
You do realize, I hope, that age discrimination is against the law. :D

Attachments

• Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:
The top part of phinds post with the persons small version avatar super imposed on the avatar of the OP is the standard for seeing what threads a person has posted in when using Xenforo ... but I don't see that for any threads I have posted in
Edit ... I backed out and it is now working ... its just that all previous threads posted in are not shown ...
obviously that info was lost in the transfer to the new systemDave

davenn said:
The top part of phinds post with the persons small version avatar super imposed on the avatar of the OP is the standard for seeing what threads a person has posted in when using Xenforo ... but I don't see that for any threads I have posted in

Edit ... I backed out and it is now working ... its just that all previous threads posted in are not shown ...
obviously that info was lost in the transfer to the new system

Dave

I guess you didn't read my comment about older threads (below the pics)

What is an "Icon identifying which treads I've posted in"?

An "Icon identifying which treads I've posted in" refers to a small symbol or image that is displayed next to a thread or discussion on a forum, indicating that the user has posted in that particular thread.

How does the icon identifying which treads I've posted in work?

The icon is usually automatically generated by the forum software and is based on the user's account information. When a user posts in a thread, the icon will appear next to the thread title, making it easier for the user to keep track of their activity on the forum.

Why is the icon identifying which treads I've posted in useful?

The icon is useful because it allows users to quickly see which threads they have participated in, making it easier to navigate the forum and keep track of their contributions. It also helps other users recognize which threads have active discussions and encourages them to join in.

Can I customize the icon identifying which treads I've posted in?

It depends on the forum software and its settings. Some forums may allow users to customize their own icons or choose from a set of options. However, most forums use a default icon that cannot be changed by individual users.

Is the icon identifying which treads I've posted in available on all forums?

No, not all forums have this feature. It depends on the forum software and its settings. However, it is a commonly used feature on many popular forums and discussion boards.