Any way to rip DVD movies into my hard drive?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
AlawnAaron
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I don't want to "pirate" any movies, but would like to rip DVD's that I bought into my computer so I can put them on my iPod.

Are there ways to rip copy protected DVD's with many chapters/episodes etc?

Which software allows me to do it? Is it legal?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Yes there are ways
Depending on the head on your coins it may or may not be legal
It isn't legal in the country hosting PF

so we can't tell you about it.

(hint - it may be 'FairUse' in your country)
 
I thought i-tunes came with software that did this? I know the software that came with my PMP does.
 
mgb_phys said:
Yes there are ways
Depending on the head on your coins it may or may not be legal
It isn't legal in the country hosting PF

so we can't tell you about it.

(hint - it may be 'FairUse' in your country)
There is too fine of a line in the US concerning "fair use". Thread locked.