Anybody have any recommendations for physics workbooks?

In summary, the speaker is looking for physics workbooks and online resources that cover high school level difficulty and include lots of exercises. They mention the Schaum's Outline series and the "F=ma" contest's questions as potential resources. They also suggest looking at the Sir Isaac Newton Prize Exam and the CAP High School Prize Exam for more challenging questions once the speaker feels confident.
Nedgy
I am studying physics off of Khan Academy by myself and I find they are a bit light on the exercises I'd love some physics workbooks that cover up to high school graduate difficulty. That you very much. Online resources etc appreciated too, just problems thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
Workbooks in the Schaum’s Outline series have both summaries and lots of problems with answers.

Not a workbook, but you can have a look at the "F=ma" contest's questions (solutions included).

1. What are some good physics workbooks for beginners?

Some good physics workbooks for beginners include "Conceptual Physics" by Paul G. Hewitt, "Fundamentals of Physics" by David Halliday and Robert Resnick, and "Physics: Principles with Applications" by Douglas C. Giancoli.

2. Are there any physics workbooks specifically for high school students?

Yes, there are many physics workbooks designed specifically for high school students. Some examples include "Physics for Scientists and Engineers: High School Edition" by Randall D. Knight and "Physics for the IB Diploma Study and Revision Guide" by Tim Kirk.

3. Can you recommend a physics workbook with practice problems?

One highly recommended physics workbook with practice problems is "Schaum's Outline of College Physics" by Frederick J. Bueche and Eugene Hecht. It includes over 1,000 practice problems with step-by-step solutions.

4. Are there any interactive physics workbooks available?

Yes, there are several interactive physics workbooks available, such as "Interactive Physics Workbook" by Michael W. Davidson and "Interactive Physics: Workbook" by Paul G. Hewitt. These workbooks incorporate simulations and interactive activities to enhance learning.

5. Are there any physics workbooks that cover specific topics, such as electricity or mechanics?

Yes, there are physics workbooks that cover specific topics in depth. Some examples include "Electricity and Magnetism" by Edward M. Purcell, "Classical Mechanics" by Herbert Goldstein, and "Thermodynamics" by Enrico Fermi.