Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Anyone need a good laugh?

1. Jul 1, 2017 #1

1oldman2

Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 1, 2017 #2

fresh_42

Staff: Mentor

4. Jul 1, 2017 #3

1oldman2

Gold Member

The political twist is almost as amusing as the religious aspect.

5. Jul 1, 2017 #4

fresh_42

The guy in the article is an Australian. Someone should warn the guards at Uluru!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  6. Jul 1, 2017 #5

1oldman2

Gold Member

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/r3/recreation/regulations/?cid=fsbdev3_022266
    If on the other hand you wanted to collect specimens from a national Park/Monument such as White Sands its a little more regulated.
    (Your White Sands piece doesn't happen to be http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2451.2010.00767.x/full does it?
    Also an interesting article here. https://arstechnica.com/staff/2014/...-buried-in-new-mexico-before-the-atari-games/

Not this week but no guarantees about next week. :sorry:

I concur.

I believe the natives have that covered.

7. Jul 2, 2017 #6

1oldman2

Gold Member

For the sake of thread continuity, I should mention that post #5 was posted by accident and is quoting an edited post. sorry for any confusion. :sorry:

8. Jul 2, 2017 #7

fresh_42

My fault. I realized a bit late that it might have been too political, which I wasn't intending. Sometimes it's a bit difficult to draw the line between making fun of politics and actually discussing it. The thread by nature sails close to the wind w.r.t. religion and politics.

9. Jul 2, 2017 #8

1oldman2

Gold Member

:ok:

10. Jul 3, 2017 #9

jim hardy

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

It's a cult . Cults prey on the naive, search ' Kent Hovind '.

11. Jul 3, 2017 #10

1oldman2

Gold Member

Agreed, After reading on Kent, it appears the naive are about all he could prey on. Strange days we are living in.

12. Jul 3, 2017 #11

OmCheeto

Gold Member
    2016 Award

"Strange days, indeed"
    --- John Lennon ≈1980​

hmmm..... (google google google)

per wiki; "The line "Nobody told me there'd be days like these...strange days indeed...most peculiar, mama" is in contrast to the old adage "My mother told me there'd be days like this.""

My mother never told me there'd be days like these. :oldgrumpy:
    But mom's are like that. Always a stiff upper lip, even when they aren't British.

hmmm.... ?

wiki: Stiff upper lip
    One who has a stiff upper lip displays fortitude in the face of adversity, or exercises great self-restraint in the expression of emotion. The phrase is most commonly heard as part of the idiom "keep a stiff upper lip", and has traditionally been used to describe an attribute of British people in remaining resolute and unemotional in the face of adversity. A sign of weakness is trembling of the upper lip, hence the saying keep a stiff upper lip. When a person's upper lip begins to tremble, it is one of the first signs that the person is scared or shaken by experiencing deep emotion.

13. Jul 3, 2017 #12

OCR

Lol, wrong year, and wrong song.... :oldtongue:
    The strange days, were even stranger... in 1967.

14. Jul 3, 2017 #13

OCR

My mother did, she also told me to ...

15. Jul 3, 2017 #14

1oldman2

Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted