1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

AP Free - Response Question HELP iNCLUDES angular velocity and acceleration

1. Mar 5, 2007 #1
    AP Free - Response Question HELP!!!! iNCLUDES angular velocity and acceleration

http://www.fayar.net/east/Teacher.web/Math/young/APPC/APPC 1999/physics_c_m_99.pdf

Mechanics 3 is the problem I really need help on.
    I tried to find the tension of the string by setting it equal to mg + Iwr, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right! On part b, I set the angular acceleration equal to the initial angular velocity + moment of inertia, and I got through canceling some factors. On part c, I set the angular velocity equal to the linear velocity times the time.

I NEED HELP ON HOW TO DO IT RIGHT! I THINK I'M TOTALLY DOING IT WRONG BECAUSE MY ANSWERS SEEM TO BE WAY OFF!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 5, 2007 #2
    Its a string, so it can only support load in the axial direction.

4. Mar 6, 2007 #3
    Is current used up in a resistor? Explain

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?