Applications in Microsoft Store

In summary, the conversation discusses the confusion and difficulties with using the Microsoft Store, particularly with finding and categorizing applications. The advantages and disadvantages of using the store are also mentioned, including slow performance and compatibility issues with different versions of Windows. The speaker also expresses their personal preference for avoiding the store and Windows "apps" due to poor design and low-quality applications.
mech-eng
I am confused when I used Microsoft Store. There are lots of applications but they are not categorised well. For example there is no special part for calculators. How does MS Store works? Cannot we download setup files for installation from there? What is the advantages of MS Store by applications' own websites? Does MS Store work slowly? My PC is win 8 but MS cannot perceive it so when I try an application for win 10, I cannot install it and then I turn back to the main page.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-popular/apps/pc?target=apps,,education

Thank you.

Computer science news on Phys.org
I avoid the MS Store and Windows "apps" like the plague.

Likes symbolipoint and Psinter
Greg Bernhardt said:
I avoid the MS Store and Windows "apps" like the plague.

Would you please explain the reason why you do so? Aren't there any user fo MS Store here? I found web design of MS Store bad.

Thank you.

Likes symbolipoint
If an application is designed for Windows 10, then there is no guarantee that you can get it to install or run on earlier versions of Windows.

mech-eng said:
Would you please explain the reason why you do so? Aren't there any user fo MS Store here? I found web design of MS Store bad.
Poor design, performance and junkie poorly made apps.

scottdave said:
If an application is designed for Windows 10, then there is no guarantee that you can get it to install or run on earlier versions of Windows.
Yes, but it should be denoted for which windows they are before clicking on them. Poor design?

Thank you.

Likes symbolipoint

1. What is the Microsoft Store?

The Microsoft Store is an online platform that allows users to download and purchase applications for their Windows devices. It offers a wide range of apps, including productivity tools, games, and entertainment options.

2. How do I access the Microsoft Store?

The Microsoft Store can be accessed through the Start menu on Windows devices. Simply click on the Microsoft Store icon to open the app. You can also access it through a web browser by going to microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps.

3. Are all applications in the Microsoft Store free?

No, not all applications in the Microsoft Store are free. While some apps are available at no cost, others may require payment for download or may offer in-app purchases. The pricing for each app is listed on its product page in the Microsoft Store.

4. How do I download and install an application from the Microsoft Store?

To download and install an application from the Microsoft Store, first, make sure you are signed in to your Microsoft account. Then, navigate to the app's product page and click on the "Get" or "Install" button. The app will then be downloaded and installed on your device.

5. Can I return or get a refund for an application purchased from the Microsoft Store?

Yes, you can request a refund for an application purchased from the Microsoft Store within 14 days of the purchase date. To do so, go to your order history in the Microsoft Store and select "Request a return." Keep in mind that not all apps are eligible for refunds.