Applications in Microsoft Store

• Thread starter mech-eng
  • Start date
I am confused when I used Microsoft Store. There are lots of applications but they are not categorised well. For example there is no special part for calculators. How does MS Store works? Cannot we download setup files for installation from there? What is the advantages of MS Store by applications' own websites? Does MS Store work slowly? My PC is win 8 but MS cannot perceive it so when I try an application for win 10, I cannot install it and then I turn back to the main page.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-popular/apps/pc?target=apps,,education

Thank you.

Answers and Replies

I avoid the MS Store and Windows "apps" like the plague.

Would you please explain the reason why you do so? Aren't there any user fo MS Store here? I found web design of MS Store bad.

Thank you.

Likes symbolipoint
scottdave
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
If an application is designed for Windows 10, then there is no guarantee that you can get it to install or run on earlier versions of Windows.

Would you please explain the reason why you do so? Aren't there any user fo MS Store here? I found web design of MS Store bad.
Poor design, performance and junkie poorly made apps.

If an application is designed for Windows 10, then there is no guarantee that you can get it to install or run on earlier versions of Windows.

Yes, but it should be denoted for which windows they are before clicking on them. Poor design?

Thank you.

Likes symbolipoint